Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180W - DHCP Relay over site-to-site VPN

rutgerh01
Level 1
Level 1

dear members/Cisco support,

I have the following scenario that I can't get working. I would like to forward DHCP requests to a remote DHCP server that is at the other end of a site-to-site VPN connection.

Server is tested ok with DHCP requests from the same subnet.

Site-to-site NAT exempt communication working (remote pingable from local and vice versa).

Site-to-site IPSec VPN between Cisco RV180W and Cisco ASA 5510

Local network: 192.168.1.0/24

Remote network: 10.4.16.0/24

Remote DHCP server: 10.4.16.10

On RV180W:

Networking > IPv4 LAN (Local Network) > DHCP Mode set to: DHCP Relay

Remote DHCP Server: 10.4.16.10

Firmware updated to: 1.0.3.10

Wireshark capture shows no DCHP requests reaching the DHCP server.

Firewall of remote site (ASA5510) show no dropped packages or DHCP requests passing the firewall.

Package trace from RV180W show DHCP Discovers send from clients.

any help is much appreciated

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Customer,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

I would think this DHCP Relay over the VPN should work but unfortunately I can not tell it will since I am unable to reproduce the scenario on my position, so I encourage you to contact the Small Business Support Center directly and open up a Service Request for an engineer to figure this out with you;

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

If you happen to find the time to update this post please do it so the other community members are aware of this possibility and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: