Views
Helpful
Replies

rv180w ftp upload with vsftpd problem

datak2011
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we've changed our rv042 for a rv180w and now when I try to upload files to my ftp server (vsftpd under centos) it get stuck at 100%.

I've changed my ftp server to proftpd instead of vsftpd and everything's ok.

but vsftpd isn't the problem since i was able to upload with my rv042 without any problems

so i guess there's a problem with the rv180w security.

any help ?

i've already disable stealth mode and it's doing the same thing                 

also : when i try to upload to the same server but through the vpn tunnel, everything's ok.

So it's really in the rv180w lan->wan routing

thanks

10 Replies 10

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tommy, try to disable everything else on the firewall attacks.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

i've disabled everythings and it's not working

WAN (Internet) Security Checks
Respond to Ping on WAN (Internet):  
Stealth Mode:  
Flood:  

LAN (Local Network) Security Checks
Block UDP Flood:  

ICSA Settings
Block Anonymous ICMP Messages:  
Block Fragmented Packets:  
Block Multicast Packets:  

Tommy, run a packet capture on the WAN and LAN of the router under the Admin -> Diagnostics

To create a successful capture-

• Select the WAN as the capture interface
  • Click start
  • Use the FTP program until it fails, allow 30 seconds to elapse after failure
  • Stop the WAN capture, download the pcap

Repeat this process for the LAN side as well. This will determine if the FTP makes it through the router and when the 100% failure happens, it should show what breaks down. If you need assistance to intrepret the pcaps, call the SBSC to open a case.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

when it's stuck at 100%, if I check on the server, the file is there and complete,

after 15-20 seconds filezilla tells me if i want to overwrite the file i just sent because it'S trying to resend it.

so the transfert is complete but it can't close it

any help?

i've looked at the pcap files and everything's ok in the transfert

in the wireshark log everything's ok but it stuck at 150 ok to send data and then i get a timeout,

it can't get to 226 transfert complete

I also get a tcp zerowindow after the 150 ok to send data

We've got the same problem.  Has there been any resolution?

Spent a couple of hours in online chat with no results.

From a mac, the uploads will actually complete, but they take a very long time - ie 40 seconds for a 6 byte file.

From a pc, the uploads won't complete.

If connecting to ftp servers is something you require as part of your business, I STRONGLY recommend staying away from the Cisco RV180W Wireless router.

BTW, in the end the response from support was "well it works on mac, so it must be a windows problem".  It does not work on mac, 6 bytes should upload in less than a second, and does on every other router we've ever used.  He wasn't interested in that part though.

I'm not sure why I thought that by buying Cisco I'd get a better quality product.

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Just saw this post. I don’t think this is something that can be handled efficiently over chat.

Mr. Vallee, did you open a case on this, if so, please let me know the number so I can follow up on it.

If not, and same for you Mr. Browning, please do call in and open a case. One of our Engineers will be glad to assist with this issue.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

no didn't open a case

i'm giving up on this router, many many many problems with it

-vpn tunnel dropping packets every 30 sec

-vlan's dhcp not working after a few days

-vsftpd ftp problem.

-when settings QoS for my ip phone, internet stop working for 5-10 sec every 2-3 times a day

no firmware update since nearly 1 year.

edit : to get this router working flawlessy (except the vsftpd problem and Qos problem) I have to reboot it every 3-4 days

switching to fortinet, bye bye cisco and your cheap router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: