Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180W site-to-site VPN + client access

Hi,

I am considering to buy two RV180Ws and place them on two separate locations. But before buying I would like to make sure that the units meets my requirements.

Lets call the locations A and B.

I would like to connect location A with full network access to location B. But at the same time I would like to have that location B also gets full access to the network at location A.

Besides this I would like to be able to connect to one of the networks from remote with my laptop.

Preferably all connections should be made using IPSEC and not PPTP.

I would like to know if it is possible to make such a configuration, and eventually if there is a smarter way to do e.g. only letting clients connect to location A or B and granting them access to all ressources at both location A and B from there.

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mikkel, you may have a site to site tunnel and client to gateway connection tunnel simultaneously with IPsec, yes.

However, the client to gateway connections will only have access to which router it will directly connect to. Client A connects to Site A, client A only has access to site A. Client A must connect to Site B to have access to site B.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hello, I have exactly the same problem.

I currently have a RV180W in my office and a RV120W at home. I have successfully created a site-to-site tunnel between my home and my office using IPSec.

I also want to connect to my RV180W from my laptop as a VPN client, how do I configure that?

I created PPTP users in VPN --> IPsec --> VPN Users, and enabled PPTP server on my RV180W. However, it seems to interrupt my site-to-site VPN connection. Does this mean that PPTP and IPSec cannot coexist on this router?

How to allow client access to my RV180W?

Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: