Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180W VPN Config: How to choose multiple subnets for local traffic selection

D00166400
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I apologize if I am posting in the wrong forum for this, I was not sure if I needed to post to a security forum or not.

I have setup 15 x RV180W's so far for a particular client.

They have requested that we add a Corporate Wireless VLAN for their laptop users (not guests) and add a Special Use WiFi VLAN for a particular mobile platform that is being deployed (in this case we need 2 separate WiFi VLANs to ensure compliance).

Also, none of the VLANs can talk to eachother and they have their own subnets.

I have the Wireless and VLANs setup, no problem... but I am having an issue wiht the VPN settings.

I have the wired network's subnet working fine. But I do not know how to add the subnets for both Wireless VLANs to the traffic selection.

The IP schemes will not allow me to just select a large subnet... here are some examples:

Wired VLAN: 10.10.x.y

Corporate WiFi VLAN: 10.15.x.y

Special WiFi VLAN: 10.18.x.y

x is the octet that defines the physical unit location (unit 1 = .23, unit 2 = .24, etc...)

y is the octet the host.

Since they are not in a contiguous block, I cannot just use a larger subnet mask.

I can add multiple traffic selection rules to the ASA5515 at HQ, so that side of the tunnel is perfect... I just don't know how to add the three VLANs to the RV180. Is it as simple as using commas or semicolons?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Daren, unfortunately there is not an "any option" or ability to supernet the mask to encompass both subnet. You would have to make a 2nd tunnel for the second subnet.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: