cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180W with 1.0.2.6 Firmware - Static DHCP problem

joostvdl
Level 1
Level 1

Today I installed the 1.0.2.6 Firmware on a RV180W. I only have now two problems regarding the Static DHCP support in the GUI.

1. Via the Networking > LAN (Local Network) > Static DHCP I have no buttons to Add a new static Lease.

2. Via the Networking > LAN (Local Network) > DHCP Lease Clients I can thick a Lease and click on Make Static IP. The result is an error: Operation failed.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

18 Replies 18

dragon888
Level 1
Level 1

This issue occured for me too.  When I upgraded to firmware 1.0.2.6, I restored my router settings from backup.

-When I reset the RV180 to factory default, the Statuc DHCP buttons re-appeared. 

-When I restored my backup config again, the Static DHCP buttons disappeared again.

Backups from firmware 1.0.1.9 don't appear to be compatible with the new firmware...

fafafooey
Level 1
Level 1

Me too .  Seems like a very basic regression test to load up a restored config for the last release and try it out on the new release and see if basic features still work. 

I *think* it's actually doing the DHCP assignment from the old config but just the UI is jacked up and not displaying buttons?? 

Seems like it should be an easy fix for them, and obviously they don't test software, they should be able to throw a new release over the wall quickly???

Clayton Sill
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah sometimes restoring a back up file from a old firmware to a new firmware doesn't always work to good. Cisco always recommends whenever doing a firmware upgrade to factory reset and reconfigure manually on the small business devices.

Russell Racey
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading to 1.0.2.6 firmware, I did not restore settings from a backup file, and still Static DHCP buttons disappeared along with all associated functionality.  From the Available LAN search, it showed that some of the originally entered DHCP clients were still listed as static while the rest reverted to dynamic.  However, there is no way any can be edited nor new entries added.

Buttons disapearing from the UI has nothing to do with configuration settings, either existing or uploaded from a file.  It seems to me that this latest 1.0.2.6 version is incredibly BUG ridden, having broken about as many features as it had fixed.

WHEN CAN WE EXPECT THE NEXT RELEASE TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE?

In our lab, static DHCP works well on v1.0.2.6, the buttons don't disappear.

Please factory default the router and configure it by using IE 8 or 9.

You're right.  Reverting to factory default seems to clear out whatever garbage the new firmware messed up.  HOWEVER, there seems to be a memory space restriction.  I can't get it to accept more than 10 static DHCP entries.  If I try to enter an 11th entry, it is not displayed even though it says it saved sucessfully.  By deleting one of the earlier entries, the last entry magically appears.

This version of firmware needs some serious overhaul, perferablly by a programmer proficient in memory allocation and regression testing.

Almost forgot ... you indeed can't use IE10 to edit settings, as you correctly pointed out to use "IE 8 or 9".  But current versions of FireFox and Chrome seem okay.

RV180 has been released for over 1 year, its mockup is based on IE8. IE10 have big change comparing to IE8, some of our products(not only RV180, released before IE10) are not well supported by IE10.

For memory space, you are talking about RV180, not RV180W, right?

Nope.  I am talking about an RV180W. 

We just check it.

The static DHCP capacity is far more than 10.

All static DHCP entries are divided in multiple pages, and displayed 10 on every page.

You're not entering names, just IP's and MAC's.  I was entering names as well, which may be taking up memory assuming a fixed size allocated for Static DHCP entries.  Depending on the character length of each name, maybe that's why it was croaking after 10 entries?

martinskau
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problems:

1. No way to add static IP addresses manually (no buttons)
  2. Trying to tick an already leased client, and then the button "Make static IP" results in "Operation Failed" -

This means that the router is practically unusable, unless I change the complete network layout (meaning changing hundreds of settings on numerous devices - printer IP's, access points, VPN configurations installed on dozens of client computers etc). Come on, make this router a professional one - this is a SERIOUS bug, and should be fixed.

I am on the latest firmware:

PID VIDRV180 V01
Current Firmware Version1.0.3.10

The problem was there on the two previous firmware versions as well. I do not want to revert to initial firmware since the later firmware upgrades fixes things I need to work as well.

I have tried from firefox, safari and chrome on Mac. And IE 8, 9 & 10 + Firefox from PC:

I've run into a situation where I couldn't find firmware that had everything working that I needed.  I had to switch vendors.  Don't expect a fix anytime soon that doesn't break something else...

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

slitvinenko
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like static IP by DHCP do not work as expected in 1.0.4.14 too.

I have upgraded router to 1.0.4.14 with reset configuration to default. After reboot I have changed LAN settings (subnet) and have added 2 static pairs IP/MAC.

As soon as "DHCP Static" page was updated, I see only one pair (first record) in configuration and no bottoms on this page. After export to file I found both my static records

DhcpfixedIpAddress = {}
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1] = {}
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["IpAddr"] = "10.119.100.101"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["LogicalIfName"] = "LAN"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["_ROWID_"] = "1"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["MacAddr"] = "00:23:14:08:C6:40"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2] = {}
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["IpAddr"] = "10.119.100.201"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["LogicalIfName"] = "LAN"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["_ROWID_"] = "2"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["MacAddr"] = "50:B7:C3:47:97:E5"

I have compared syntax of actual configuration with old, ver 1.0.1.9

DhcpfixedIpAddress = {}
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1] = {}
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["IpAddr"] = "10.119.100.100"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["LogicalIfName"] = "LAN"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["_ROWID_"] = "1"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[1]["MacAddr"] = "00:1B:FC:5B:EB:48"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2] = {}
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["IpAddr"] = "10.119.100.101"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["LogicalIfName"] = "LAN"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["_ROWID_"] = "2"
DhcpfixedIpAddress[2]["MacAddr"] = "00:23:14:08:C6:40"

So, syntax is the same, but, if I understand OK, web page is updated and is not able to work with it.