Views
Helpful
Replies

RV215W custom DynDNS

gstom7372
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm from Vienna and own a RV215W SMB Router where my Huawai Mobile Broadband is connected to.

Since the IP address changes at least once a day I wanted to setup DDNS.

But the router only let me choose between a handful of options from which there are some somehow outdated.

It is really annoying that it is not possible to input a custom DDNS provider there. 

Is there a way to get arround this, login with ssh and change some config files or any suitable solution to free me up from those preconfigured and limited DDNS options?

Thank you

Tom

3 Replies 3

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hello

If your using DYNDNS you could try their Update Client

http://dyn.com/apps/update-client-faqs/

If I misunderstood and you are using a different DNS service, see if they have an update tool.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hello,

thanks for the answer but I think I was not clear enough with my question.

What I'm looking for is a way to add a option for a completly different ddns service in the router itself.

And to be clear, I cannot run any update tool on any client, cause there are no clients in the network which could run such a tool!

Looking forward for any idea how to get into / hack the router and setup such an option on my own.

Thanks

Tom

No Sir, you were pretty clear with your question.

I guess I should have explained that the answer I gave you was your only option.You could create a case to ask for a feature request. Creating a case does not mean that the request will get added, just that it will be considered. And this has been asked several times.

The firmware on the RV215W is not open sourced allowing customers to self modify it.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: