cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W 1.0.6.6 IPv6 Tunnelbroker tunnel is not working

Joergen Thomsen
Level 1
Level 1

With firmware 1.0.4.17 I have had our IPv6 tunnel working fine for a couple of years but it does not seem to work after upgrading to firmware 1.0.6.6

I have followed the instructions in  43132-Connecting_RV220W_to_an_IPv6_Tunnel_broker.pdf to no avail.

Has anybody been able to run an IPv6 6in4 tunnel with a firmware later than 1.0.4.17 and if yes, how ?

This is also a question to Cisco

5 Replies 5

Joergen Thomsen
Level 1
Level 1

Apparently there is no other way than falling back to 1.0.4.17 again.

It appears, that the real problem is frequent loss of the tunnel connection.

There is no other way than rebooting the router to reestablish the tunnel.

If this could be done by monitoring software as is possible with some other (low-end) routers, it might be feasible, but no this is not possible with this router.

It might explain why I didn't succeed to setup my HE IPv6 tunnel on 1.0.6.6.

But even after downgraded to 1.0.4.17 and factory reset the device, I'm still unable to have a working IPv6 tunnel.

If have followed this how-to and take in account the Joergen remarks on prefix setup.
Devices acquired correct IPv6, but can't route (no ping6 working...)

How confirm that tunnel is up and/or routing working properly ?
I tried with 2001::/64 & 0::/0 for the route to the tunnel.

I have downgraded to 1.0.4.17 with a factory reset and reloaded the saved configuration

From a Fedora 20 Linux I just use ping6 to check

ping6 ipv6.google.com

From Windows it is

ping -6 ipv6.google.com

On which version did you initially setup your tunnel ?

There is may be some steps not properly done on a native 1.0.4.17.
Or did you mind to provide me your saved configuration to compare ?

Thanks

I don't recall on which firmware version I set up the tunnel, but anyway I have fallen back to 1.0.4.17 with a factory reset.

It may be important to follow the instructions in https://supportforums.cisco.com/sites/default/files/legacy/2/3/1/43132-Connecting_RV220W_to_an_IPv6_Tunnel_broker.pdf in the proper sequence.

Pay attention to the two entries (different types) in the Advertisement Prefixes section.

In the Tunneling section your tunnelbroker IP-adress will not show up in the IPv6 Tunnel Status Table. I have enabled and entered the Remote End Point IPv4 Address.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: