Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W and RV120W WDS / Bridge

Have been using an RV220W for over a year and now need to create a bridge.  Have wireless and wired clients in the same building but on the level above.  I cannot run a wire, which was my first choice but that is forbidden.  SInce there are wired clients, I wanted to create a bridge with the RV220W as the 'root'.  Tried this with an aironet 1231G but got nowhere (slowly).  Came across a post suggesting that one would have to have another RV220W's or RV120W, so I figured I'd give that a shot.

I've been trying to set up the RV120W but don't seem to be having any success.  Maybe this isn't really supported.

Both are using the latest firmware (1.0.4.17 for the RV220W and 1.0.5.6 for the RV120W) .  Both have the same 'Basic' settings in the wireless configuration section:

2.4GHz

G/N - Mixed

20MHz

Channel 6

Same SSID using WPA2 with same Encryption (AES) and Key.  Only one SSID.

Both have WDS enabled with the same WPA key (same as the SSID key).  Both have the other one set as a peer MAC in the WDS.

The RV120W has DHCP disabled, and has a fixed IP out of the DHCP range of the RV220W.  The RV120W cannot ping the RV220W and likewise with anything behind the RV120W.

Can't find much info on this, outside of how to enter the info on the config screens.  Can't figure out what to even look for in the logs...

0 Replies 0