cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W and SG200-18 DCHP/VLAN question

Brian Beaman
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble with a RV220W and I don't know why it won't work.

I have 10 VLANs setup (including the default) and DCHP setup for all the VLANs, there are 4 LAN ports on the router.

DHCP for the vlans are 192.168.VLANID#.100-254/24

Port 1 set to VLAN 1,10,20

Port 2 set to VLAN 1,30,40

Port 3 set to VLAN 1,50,60

Port 4 set to VLAN 1,70,80,90

On the SG200-18 Switch I have.

Port 1 set to VLAN 1,10,20 in trunk mode

Port 2 set to VLAN 1,30,40 in trunk mode

Port 3 set to VLAN 1,50,60 in trunk mode

Port 4 set to VLAN 1,70,80,90 in trunk mode

Port 5 set to VLAN 10 in access mode

Port 6 set to VLAN 20 in access mode

Port 7 set to VLAN 30 in access mode

and so on till 90 on port 13

Pluging a computer in to port 5 or 6 works fine and I get the right IP address from DHCP. Port 5 with VLAN 10 gives me 192.168.10.102 and port 6 gives me 192.168.20.102 but any of the other ports 7-13 will not give me any DHCP at all.

If I put all the VLANs on 1 port of the router to 1 trunk port on the switch DHCP works fine for all the VLANS  

As far as I can tell I have everything set up right. Can this router just not handle the job? Am I missing something? I guess I don't really need to set it up this way I just thought it would be nice if the VLANs could be broken up on different ports and not all be stuffed down on pipe.              

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Brian,

Thank you for reaching Cisco Small Business Support Community.

More than a misconfiguration issue it seems to me more like a router capability issue and I could not find any related documentation or similar previous cases, therefore I suggest you to contact the Small Business Support Center directly;

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

I am sorry i could not be a better help but I am sure you will get the proper assistance from the Support Center and please let us know if there is anything we may assist you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: