cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W: Anyone have luck with one-to-one NAT?

seanford3955
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV220W (running fw version 1.0.2.4) that i am trying to configure for a client.  They are set up on Comcast with 13 available IP's.  I should note that this netowrk is now currently running without issue using a Cisco Pix 506e.  Unfortunately, the Pix is almost impossible to configure using the GUI now as I have to load a 4-year old version of Java now just to get the PDM to load. But I digress...

I've set up the RV using the identical settings as the Pix on bth the LAN and WAN side.  When I do, computers on the LAN side can all reach the Internet ok.  However, once I enable one-to-one NAT for an internal server, that machine can't send or receive ANY traffic to the WAN side.  I've even tried setting access rules enabling ANY traffic in both directions, and that has no effect.  Either I'm missing something, or this is just one more bug in this product.

Even though it was a bit of a step down going from the Pix to the RV220W, it was done for the ease of setting up VPN's as I was ready to purchase a second one for a new satellite office opening in a few weeks.  It looks like we will be switching vendors on the router side as my faith in Cisco is waning at this point.

Any thoughts from other users?

--Sean Ford

1 Reply 1

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Sean,

I just ran across your post while researching an unrelated issue. As far as I know the One-to-One NAT feature of the RV220W works fine. Did you ever get it working properly?