cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W Cannot save settings with IE9

indizas_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Nothing happens when clicking the SAVE button after making changes on the VLAN Membership screen when using IE9, but it work fine with IE8.

Has anyone else experienced problems using IE9 during configuration?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

4 Replies 4

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Richard, I have personally seen this many times in many different forms. It is usually how your browser / computer handles Java. The router does work fine for IE 9, but, there are instances when it won't work for a person because of some setting within the browser or not having everything fully updated.

For the IE if you can't make it work for your life, you can use the compatability view. Mozilla Firefox is usually a very solid alternative to IE. It handles all of our product Java much better and really I'm not sure I've ever seen Mozilla not work.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

indizas_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your comments Tom,

I did try compatibility view without any luck and the config page is also set as a trusted site. Java scripts are allowed and AxtiveX filtering is off.

Simply upgrading to fw 1.0.4.17 required a reset to factory defaults which is why I'm having to set up my VLANs all over again. Having changed back to IE8, I now find that I can't add a second VLAN to matter what I do. I'll post this new behaviour in a thread.

I can't even begin to put into words (without swearing profusely on this forum) what a nightmare this router has been over the past year. To add insult to injury, I've never been able to use it for the primary reason I bought it: VPN!

If you need help with VPN, let me know. I am sure I can make it work or identify why it is not working and I have a lab I can test inbound connections to the router with.

If you got the time tonight, email me a tele number, we can give it a good try.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

indizas_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Tom, thanks very much for the offer to help with the VPN. I'll get a summary together of methods I tried and post a new thread as a starting point.

If I remember correctly:
1) QuickVPN caused BSOD on Win 7
2) PPTP had inherent security flaws
3) SSL had issues on 64bit Win 7
4) iPsec policies quite complex

I must admit, throwing VLANs into the mix didn't make matters any easier.

As far as this thread goes, it started successfully saving new rows on the VLAN Membership screen (using IE8) after I made changes elsewhere in the configuration. I narrowed it down to Disabling the Wifi Radio or Adding a new User ... although neither makes any sense.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: