Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W crash/reboot problem with firmware 1.0.3.5

Spudgun73
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Every time I try to download a torrent/magnet the router will crash/reboot multiple time (using utorrent 3).

Is this a know problem?

regards, Harald

6 Replies 6

blwright
Level 1
Level 1

Harald,

simply downloading a file should not cause the router to crash/reboot. What have you experienced that makes you say that the router is crashing/rebooting. Can you download any other file? Are you having problems with normal web browsing?

Blake Wright

Cisco SBSC Network Engineer

All devices connected to the router goes offline (both wired and wireless) and I can no longer ping the router. After a minute or two it is back up. This goes on repeatedly until I terminate utorrent. Normal web browsing and file downloading either via HTTP/FTP/NNTP works without problems.

regards,

Harald

I cannot imagine how this is related to the router, since I have the same one and no such problems with torrent files. In any case, you can contact Cisco Support and ask for a more recent beta firmware. 1.0.3.5 does not have a working UPnP feature which is fixed in recent beta firmware versions so at least you'll get this working properly which is important for torrents.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Well, the router does crash/reboot. I can see the lights going off etc. And it only happens when I use utorrent.

regards,

Harald

Have you tried uninstalling utorrent, completely removing all folders and files used by the application and then install it again? If that does not work ask Cisco Support for a beta firmware e.g. version 1.0.4.6 which I use.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

seamanjeff
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV220W that is definitely crashing and rebooting 2 or 3 times a day.  I enabled more logging levels and without a doubt it's crashing.  I am running firmware 1.0.4.17.  There is no pattern of usage that causes the crash- it's apparently at random.  This device is less than a month old.  Any suggestions?

I have to say I'm utterly baffled by the request to reinstall utorrent.  What on earth does that have to do with it? Nothing should be able to crash the router.  This isn't a $35 walmart router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: