cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W Critical error

Wirestress
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying to adjust some parameters on the administrative interface on the Rv220w when I got the message 'A critical error encountered while loading web page'.  At this point the admin web page was 'locked', and I had to close the page and log back in again.  I was trying to adjust the remote logging parameters when this happened.  I checked in the logs, but there was no information about this problem. 

I there something that I should do to avoid this problem?

5 Replies 5

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

This is a known iss and a workaround is provided in the firmware release note.

A critical error is encountered when attempting to configure settings for remote logging to a syslog server.

Work Around:

Enable email logging on the Administration > Logging >Remote Logging Configuration page.

Note: you do not need a real Email server in the LAN to apply the workaround.

Thanks for the info.  I had a look at the firmware release notes and there are a number of other issues listed there that might be causing problems for me as well.  For some of these issues the listed workarounds are rather impractical and would lead to pooer security, not better (e.g. install Windows XP instead of Windows 7, create root logins on Mac's).  Do you have any estimated date for when these issues will be resolved?

tekliu wrote:

This is a known iss and a workaround is provided in the firmware release note.

A critical error is encountered when attempting to configure settings for remote logging to a syslog server.

Work Around:

Enable email logging on the Administration > Logging >Remote Logging Configuration page.

Hmmm, I would indeed hardly call this a workaround, To keep the mails readable most people would probably need to send a mail every half hour, which would fill up a mailbox quite easily...

When will a fix for this be ready?

The issue has been fixed. Please contact the Support Center if you need this fix immediately.

Sorry for the late reply.

To be honest: I don't need the fix immediately, so I'll wait for the official release.

Thanks for the quick reply