cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W-E V01: "ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH"

ervinha77
Level 1
Level 1

When I go to 192.168.1.1 on Chrome, I get an error message: "ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH"

Regardless of whatever browser I use, I cannot get into the GUI to configure my router.

This occurred after a firmware update I did several months ago.

Because wifi was still working, I just dismissed this as a non issue, but now we need to reset our router wifi password and can't do that.

Anyone know any solutions to this?

5 Replies 5

Jebadhas_John
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

First thing is, use Firefox for stable GUI for Cisco SMB(Small Business) devices.

If you have the most recent router configuration backed up you may try doing a hard reset on the router (Hold down reset button for 20 Sec) when the router is still powered on and re-upload the configuration backup file to the RV220W. If you plan to do a firmware update after GUI becomes accessible, do it post uploading the configuration file.

Choose a proper down time after business hours anticipating problems with configuration file and possible need for manual configuration of RV220W.

NOTE: If you have trouble accessing the router page after reset, please connect your laptop/pc in DHCP mode directly to the router LAN port.

Disclaimer: If you are not the primary IT administrator for this site please check with the IT administrator before making changes that may have a direct impact on business. 

Jeb

Toronto

thanks. looks like i don't have a choice but to do a hard reset. however, what i am afraid of is that after the hard reset, i still can't get into the gui to make changes or setup the wifi password, which opens up the network.

unfortunately, IT sits in a different country so im all that's left to fix the issue here...

donmatlock1
Level 1
Level 1

Out of curiosity, what firmware are you running for the device, i see the latest firmware is a little old (1.0.7.2), perhaps Google found a flaw with it's version of GUI.  Had this happen with Sonicwall, could not get through unless i used Firefox.  Turns out there was a known issue with the firmware which when the patch was applied corrected the SSL error.

Thats the problem. I can't find out what the firmware is since i can't get in... any way to fix this using command line instead of the gui?

Use the "Pale Moon" browser.
Link: https://www.palemoon.org/download.shtml