Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W First connect - Error msg in browser

dennismjensen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just got myself a Cisco RV220W, connected my laptop to configure it. I receive an IP adress by DHCP (192.168.1.x) and can ping the router (192.168.1.1). However, when I try to connect to the router by the web interface, I receive this message in my browser (Chrome):

The webpage at https://192.168.1.1/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Error 113 (net::ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH): Unknown error.

In FireFox:

Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.1.1.

Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s).

(Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

In IE9:

I get no error message, the page never loads

Is it DoA or does anyone have any suggestions to how to get conected to the web interface?

Cheers

Dennis

6 Replies 6

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

I would first hold down the reset button for 30-45 seconds and this will take setting back to default. next try and log back into the device. if you get that error message again please contact Cisco Small Business Support Center for further trouble shooting.

Jasbryan

I have the same problem, have you resolve? Help me

I did try to reset the router etc.

I had it replaced by the reseller, the agreed that it needed to be replaced.

HI,

I have never seen this error before in any cases so I'm doing some searching on Google and this looks like browser settings can cause issues you are describing.Here is just one link, http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=732045

Jasbryan

kenziecampbell
Level 1
Level 1

Also having this issue. Can't get to admin page from Safari, Chrome, or Firefox. Any resolution?

madcarpe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dennis,

I've never seen this problem before but you may want to set up a static IP through your network center for the RV220W. Do you use Windows or Mac?

Thanks,

Madison Carpenter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: