cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W IPsec VPN on Mac OS

david.ce83
Level 1
Level 1

Can somebody from Cisco support write down manual (workaround), how to setup IPsec VPN connection on Mac OS 1.7, please ?

It is ridiculous that there is no support from Cisco for Mac users :/

Thanks,

David

5 Replies 5

andreasgeise
Level 1
Level 1

I've got the same problem even with Mac OS X 1.6.8 Snow Leopard.

The manual "QVPN alternate for Macs" from Alejandro Gallego doesn't help me.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi, no change with 1.0.3.5... No support for MAC  10.7 users...

R E D I C U L O U S ...

David,

I used the following documentation to configure a tunnel from my Macbook Pro (Snow Leopard) to an RV220W using IPSecuritas. The tunnel connects and I have full access to the LAN.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/multi_function_security/multi_function_security_appliance/sa_500/technote/note/SA500_mac_appnote.pdf

I have not tested with Lion. The document is for the SA500 series but the configuration is nearly the same.

Hi, thanks for response. I'm finally able to connect via IPsec to my rv220w but only using basic authentication method - in order to circumvent the VPN PSK       (Pre-Shared-Key) + XAUTH vulnerability I would like to set up RSA-signature with XAUTH. In IPSEC setup I choose hybrid RSA mode. When trying to connect I get error. In RV220w log I found:

2011-11-23 15:10:13: [][IKE] ERROR:  invalid auth method 64221.

Can you please help me ?

Thanks, David

Any update? Still didn't get any reply from Cisco :///

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: