cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W port forwarding help !

aaron
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,  im going crazy trying to debug this issue..

I have 6 port forwarding rules, they all work except one.   (slingbox, etc)

I have a Win7 PC running an HTTP server on Port 8080,  firewall is turned off on the Win 7 PC.  I have hit and access the service from inside my network.

I have all the rules setup as you would expect, custom service, port forwarding, etc. 

Cisco support how can I work with you on debugging this, is there any particular logs I can send

thanks

3 Replies 3

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting. Did you create the rule for http 8080 under Port Forwarding or Access Rules? There is a known issue with Port Forwarding and we recommend that all rules be created under Access Rules until the issue is fixed by a firmware update. After the rule is created it will show up under "Port Forwarding". Also, make sure that the rule is configured like the ones that are working.

I read that issue,  and figured it was the problem,  so I already deleted the custom service definition (8080) and the port forwarding and access rules.. then I recreated just using an access rule.   -- that's my current configuration

I was on an older firmware and moved to this latest version, perhaps there's old configurations somewhere ?

thoughts ?

thanks 

Aaron,

Call in Cisco Small Business Support and open a support case @ 1-866-606-1866

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: