Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220w Questions

Jarod Goossens
Level 1
Level 1

I guess I have a bunch of questions regarding rv220w

1) I have had a really hard time finding out what OS this box is running, is it IOS or Linux.... does it have a CLI?

2) I have cable internet at home... does this router support cable internet?

3) A few sites I looked at are saying it is running wireless n draft and not final... Is it running final?

7 Replies 7

gctwnl001
Level 1
Level 1
  1. Sorry, don't know. Doesn't look like IOS, though.
  2. I am running this on a cable internet connection. But I don't know if that is helpful. My cable internet connection just is a box with ethernet on which I get 5 IP addresses. But if your cable internet is just that: ethernet with IP traffic on it, the RV220W will route between 1 WAN port and 4 LAN ports.
  3. Don't know. What I did notice was that Apple Airport Express were unable to see the network, even when it was advertised. But they were able to connect to it.

Thanks Gerben

Is anyone else able to answer the rest of the questions? I would really appreciate the help.

Regards

Jarod

1. Linux 2.6, GUI based configuration, no CLI support.

2. RV220W needs to work with a modem (e.g. cable or dsl) that has an Ethernet interface

3. WiFi a/b/g/n is secured on RV220W, not draft N.

Thanks Tekliu

Is there any similar based routers with CLI support? or can this box be setup with CLI support?

Regards

Jarod

Typically no CLI is supported on Cisco Small Business routers. I am not aware of an exception yet.

Cisco Small Business RV series routers do not support CLI.

I am not sure if SA520 support CLI though.

chris.bohne
Level 1
Level 1

To build upon this thread of capability questions I have a SNMP query.

Does the RV220w support monitoring of each interface's traffic over snmp? In other Small Business routers like the WRVS440n the traffic monitoring is not broken out for each lan/wan/wifi interface. Does the RV220w support showing this traffic over snmp for each port (lan0-3, wan and wifi)?