cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W QuickVPN limited to 10 user instead of 25?

jbaroncisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I just bought a RV220W for my small company. I have read everywhere that this model come with 25 license for QuickVPN/IPsec.

But when I tried to create all my account I had a bad surprise. The firmware tell me that the maximum number of user that I can create is 10!

Did someone had the same problem? I dont see anywhere in the firmware where I can upgrade for another licence. I have the last firmware.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Jerome Baron

7 Replies 7

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Jerome,

This is a known issue, which has been addressed in a firmware that is being tested. You could contact the Support Center to get this fix if you need it immediately.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Thanks tekliu,

I spoke with Thomas Watts, badge #367736, on the online chat support and he didn't found this bug in it's database nor the beta firmware.

He did reproduce my problem and he opened a service request, #619378739.

I have no choice beside waiting to be contacted by the support team.

If anyone can add some information to this theread, it would be greatly apreciated.

Regards,

Jerome

Jerome,

Were you able to obtain the beta firmware? If so, can you tell us if it resolved the issue with the number of allowed QuickVPN usrs?

qumartin
Level 1
Level 1

Jerome,

Sorry to say that the new firmware it fixed somethings and it broke the amount of users that are allowed on the quick vpn.

The process that has to take place is just what you done. Call the support  center at 1-866-606-1866 open a case. The case will be escalated to the escalation team.

Then they will contact you and they will give you a beta firmware that fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Quendale

jbaroncisco
Level 1
Level 1

So, I have tested the new firmware this morning and it worked. I am now able to create 25 QuickVPN user.

There's still a bug on that page with the display of the account.

- The main page(where we create the VPN user) show 20 users, but in the bottom right corner I see this label: "1 - 10 of 10". It looks like the page don't know how many user I have created (25) and is designed to show only ten of them instead of 20 like it is.

Take note that this is not a problem, just an inconsistency.

- When I hit the "next page button" to see my other account, it shows some new account, but also account that I could see in the previous page. But I'm still able to see all my account, they are just displayed in more page that they should.

- Last bug, once you hit a "next page button", there's no coming back The previous page button doesn't work.

Bottom line, the initial bug is fixed but obviously wasn't tested!

There's some new development.

The problem was because I had created some account with the previous version of the firmware. After I erased those accounts and create new ones with the new firmware, the page work as its supposed to.

Thanks to all

Jerome,

Thank you for the update. Glad to see you got a resolution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: