Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220w Restore is non-functional

maloitpro86
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have recently purchased an RV220w for my up-tech home.  I have configued the device, and I have backed-up the config using the Administration->Backup/Restore option. The result is a "RV220W.cfg" file.

I had since then changed some settings, but would like to revert back to the previous settings.  However, when I attempt to restore the router using "RV220W.cfg" file, i get the following error:

rv220_restore_error.png

Any suggestions?

Thanks

SAM

3 Replies 3

Joergen Thomsen
Level 1
Level 1

The configuration file is an ASCII file with UNIX line endings (LF only).

It is protected by a MD5 checksum which can be read from the line

systemConfig[1]["checksum"] = "6168..........................."

The MD5 checksum can be computed by deleting this line and computing the MD5 checksum of the file e.g. in Linux by using the GNU progam md5sum

As the checksum is invalid, you must find out, what you changed in the file and fix it, not just compute a new cheksum to replace the existing one.

You may have edited the file on a non-*IX platform doing nothing but saving it, so that the line endings may have changed from LF to CR LF. This will corrupt the checksum.

So start by making sure each line is terminated by a LF only.

No, you're not understanding...

I figured it was obvious, but I guess I should have stated: "I did not modify the file, I did not even open the file."  I have tried several times, to no avail...

SAM

unthrilled
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried resetting to factory default first before trying to restore?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: