Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W second vlan DHCP issue

braininvest
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a Cisco RV220W router (firmware version 1.0.4.17).

I would like to have two separate networks with the following specifications:

Netwrork1: address range for the network is 192.168.0.1-254. All devices should be able to reach eachother within this network and connect to the internet either on LAN or through Wifi. From this network I should also be able to reach the device management page of the router. Also the devices should get the ip addresses throgh DHCP.

Network2: address range for the network is 192.168.5.1-254. All devices within this network should not be able to reach the devices in network1. All devices on this network should reach the internet through Wifi only. Device management page should not be available on this network.

I have configured the router as shown in the attached screenshots but the problem is that in Network2, devices get IPs from the 192.168.0.1-254 range and not from the 192.168.5.1-254 range. Also there is no internet on these either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mate, honestly I don't think there's an explanation there. It's doesn't appear to be working as it should be. I'd personally default the router, make 2 ssid, 2 vlan and test from there before making additional configurations.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mate, the config looks ok. For grins, can you try to add 1 LAN port to have the vlan 1000 tagged? The router may not like the idea of the vlan not being a member of any port.

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,

I have tried two different versions but none of them worked

- vlan id 1000, port 4, set to tagged (everything else stayed the same) - same result as before

- vlan id 1, port 4, set to excluded and vlan id 1000, port 4, set to untagged - still cannot reach the internet from network2 through wifi and tried to use a lan cable on port 4 with the same result (getting ip from network1 range, no internet).

Thanks,

Mate

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi mate, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. To add to Tom´s post you could “Isolate”, your networks enabling this feature, and disabling the Broadcast SSID of your Network1.

I hope you find this answer useful, *Please mark the question as Answered or rate the answer so other will know when an answer has been found.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Jonathan,

I think you might have misunderstood my problem. SSID broadcast is needed on both networks, because I want to be able to connect to both wireless networks (without necessarily having to know the SSID).

My problem is that within network2 (EUROPADESIGN_VENDEG) does not get the right IP from the range (vlan ID: 1000). It receives an IP from the network1 range (from vlan id 1).

Greetings,

Mate

Mate, honestly I don't think there's an explanation there. It's doesn't appear to be working as it should be. I'd personally default the router, make 2 ssid, 2 vlan and test from there before making additional configurations.

-Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for pointing out that it should have worked with those settings. I have changed the firmware to 1.0.3.5 and it works ok. I believe there is something wrong with the newest firmware.

Thanks again,

Mate

Hi Mate,

since you seem to have established this as an issue in 1.0.4.17, can I suggest that you raise an incident? This may help ensure a fix for a future patch/release. Hopefully there will be one since the 17 formware release seems mostly "there" and shows the power of the router. The functionality you are after is reasonable and obviously should be working. Thanks to help from Tom I did this for my issue regarding >10 firewall rules.

cheers,

David

Hi Mate,

same issue here. I'm getting DHCP responses from my Phone VLAN on my data VLAN, only on the wireless part. Very very annoying. Think it's not a setup issue as it disappears once i reboot the router and it comes back after two weeks...

Any changes to the issue staus since the last post ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: