cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220w snmp interfaces

chris.bohne
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have documentation on what each of the SNMP interfaces relate to on the RV220w? The names are not matching what I would think they would be for. This is making it rather difficult to setup snmp monitoring. You would think that by their name eth0-2 would be the switch ports but then where is the 4th port? I would be grateful if someone with knowledge of this series (or someone from Cisco) could weigh in on what each of these are.

The interfaces that I have found are as follows:

lo

ifb0

ifb1

sit0

ip6tnl0

eth0

eth1

eth2

vap0

bdg1

bdg5

eth0.1

eth0.5

vap1

vap2

Thanks in advance,

Chris

3 Replies 3

agent.marino
Level 1
Level 1

I second this request.

It is difficult to determine the relationship of these SNMP interfaces to how the router actually functions and is Tx/Rx data. I've had to resort to running internal/external bandwidth tests (iperf and external tests) to determine 'which does what' and 'how they work together' to try and make sense of things.

I can post more information on my local setup if needed to help determine the purposes for each but I'd rather just have a cisco tech explain how each interface relates to the router's physical ports, VLANs, and possibly wireless SSID (outside of vlan specific).

Is there any documentation on this?

Thank you,

- Mike

agent.marino
Level 1
Level 1

Chris (if you're still following this),

The only real information I found (which I'm sure is pretty intuitive based on the names) is with the auto-generated routing tables.

Cisco RV220W Admin Page > Networking > Routing > Routing Table: click [Display].

That maps out your network bridges and some of your ethernet ports (eth). It helps a bit but like I said earlier, this information pretty intuitive based on the names.

The problem with this is that doesn't list all the information and monitoring these snmp interfaces doesn't always provide the data you'd think it would.

I am still very much interested in some official Cisco feedback on this.

Thank you,

- Mike

jamesgaver
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for this information too. Anyone have it?? Official list from cisco? can't be that tough to supply proper documentation..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: