Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W SSL VPN connection via open vpn client

david.ce83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm wondering if it's possible to setup SSL VPN connection via OPEN VPN client?

I'm a Mac OS 1.7 user with Tunnelblick.

I tried to use "built-in" SSL VPN Tunnel client but unfortunately it's not working - during installation Java exception appears saying that either I don't have admin privileges or there is not enough space.. Of course I'm admin and there is plenty of space...

Thanks for reply

To be honest I was expecting a bit more from Cisco for 200 bugs.. :/

David

5 Replies 5

Hello,

Please be aware that the officially supported SSL VPN platforms for RV220W are Microsoft XP/Vista 32 and 64-bit/Windows 7; Mac OSX 10.4.

Mac OSX 10.7 is still not promoted as compatible by our development team. The latest tests done are with Mac OSX 10.6.

Once it is approved as supported, it will be listed in the data sheet for the product available here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/routers/ps9923/ps11025/data_sheet_c78-630461.html.

Regards,

Radostina Todorova

Network Engineer SBSC

Hello,

after upgrading to version 1.0.3.5 I'm still facing same issue with SSL client for MAC even though in release notes I found that issue "Fixed an issue that prevented clients from connecting via SSL VPN when using MacOs+Java 1.6.0.24 or later. (CSCtr88429)" is fixed.

Is there any workaround??

Thanks,

David

Hello David,

According to the release notes for Firmware version 1.0.3.5 (available here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv220w/release/notes/rv220w_rn_1-0-3-5.pdf ), bug CSCtr88429 was resolved. Please upgrade once again and make a factory reset after the reset. If you are still facing the issue after that, my advise is to contact the support center and open a get a case opened for this. Contacts are available here

Worldwide Support Contacts

Regards,

Radostina Todorova

Network Engineer SBSC

Hello, I tried to upgrade fw again and again and still it is not working.

Somebody made mistake while changing status of bug CSCtr88429, I suppose.

David

I just purchased a RV220w (USA version) direct ship with firmware 1.0.3.5 pre-installed from the factory.  SSL VPN Bug CSCtr88429  is definetly NOTresolved.     I'm having the same issues mentioned here and other places on the forum when trying to get the clientless SSL VPN to launch on two Macs with OSX 10.7 Lion. 

On connecting to the SSLVPN site and launching the applet I'm still getting the message

- "Upgrade available..!Click 'Cancel' to retain the existing version" and then clicking OK or Cancel I get a "authenticaion Required", enter my admin password then get

- "Needed permissions couldn't be set on some files. Root privleges are required for setting permissions.

I'm doing all this logged in as an admin account and so there should be no reason for "root" issues.

Please let me know if CISCO is going to re-open/continue to work on bug CSCtr88429  or if  there is a new fix.  I have the newest patches, Firefox and Java installed.  I just purchased this router for my office and if the firmware it is broken out of that is an issue.   Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: