cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W Upgrade to 1.0.4.17, now Remote Desktop won't connect

FirstCall
Level 1
Level 1

Or rather, it will connect within the first few minutes after a router reboot, but eventually is kept from connecting.

All settings look good. Upgraded from 1.0.3.5.  Prior to upgrade, this was not  problem.

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Andrew, if you hadn't done it already, factory default the unit and manual configure it. Jumping from the 1.0.3.5 to the current 1.0.4.17 was a pretty major code re-write.

When trying to do your port forward, create the custom service then add the forwarding under access rules. It should work and remain stable. We have basic port forwarding working extremely well on our test bench since the release so I'm pretty confident in the above statements.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Somehow that just seems really 1982 from here, but okay.

You know what would be REALLY keen? If the router had the ability to print out in a nice neat formt absolutely every single setting on the router, because if having a backup is only for crash response, then I think the equipment should be ble to spill its guts instead of me having to go throught every single page and find every setting.

On the other hand, if this is already available, the as Rosanne Rosannadanna would say, "Never mind".

Hello,

RDP has stopped working on my LAN, as well, and I recently updated the firmware to 1.0.4.17.

Is port forwarding required, for RDP?

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: