cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W upload limits at 4800KB/s

SpeedyJDK
Level 1
Level 1

I bought an RV220W to get rid of some minor problems on my older DIR-685.

But when i send to others or post to usenet, using all my logins etc. i can only get aproxx 4800KB/s. As soon as i swap my router with the older DIR-685, i get 10000KB/s.

Does anyone know why or which setting in the RV220W limits me ?

If i do a speedtest at my isp, i get 95/95mbit result. So i guess the router works, atleast for that

I just wonder if it's some security setting or something that limits my upstream using this router.

This issue is with both Firmware 1.0.0.26 and 1.0.1.0

8 Replies 8

SpeedyJDK
Level 1
Level 1

Is there really nobody with this router that has a connection over 50mbit ?

The router can download with 100mbit, but it can't upload with over 50mbit. No matter how hard you squeeze it. Not just usenet.

I'm thinking about getting rid of this router. It's the latest and it just doesn't work!

I'm considering buying this device, and even though some people seem to like it a lot, I've also found a couple of posts, yours among them, complaining a lot about it. Could you describe a little more what this scenario looks like? Have you contacted the TAC?

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Do NOT buy this router.

I switched from a D-Link DIR-685, and i couldn't understand i got so low upstream on this RV220W.

So i tried first, pull out the cables of my Cisco RV220W and insert them directly to the DIR-685, and i got full speed. 100mbit up. (That was to know, that it was a pure router problem and not any config on my server)

This was Usenet. 100mbit up

I also had complaints from ppl using my FTP. It was horrible speeds. Max 2 x 20mbit or something if they used 2 logins.

So i ended up, going to pick up an Asus RT-N56u. And now ppl report that they can fxp from my FTP with 11Megabyte/sec. So that was the best thing i ever did.

Also, this RV220W is slow. In almost anything you do, it takes a long time for it to reset, or reload after flash etc etc.

I still got it if you wanna buy it

Hi,

thanks a lot for your prompt answer!!

I wonder if you could be in your unit. People at SmallNetBuilder are known for their reviews and recently they reviewd this model:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/31456-cisco-rv220w-wireless-network-security-firewall-reviewed

the best quality of the RV220W seems to be its throughput capabilities...

Not that I doubt about what you say, but as I said, some people seem to be extremely happy about their unit and some others seem to complain a lot. That's why I asked abuot whether you had get Cisco TAC involved in the issue.

Thanks again,

Have you tried disabling "Block UDP Flood" under the Firewall Settings and under ICSA Settings disabling "Block Fragmeted Packets?

THANKS

Rick Roe

Cisco Small Business Support Center

ricoe yeah, i tried disable all those. And more. Didn't help.

It was because of that review that i bought the router.

I am disconcerted. Thanks a lot for your input anyway... just to confirm, is Cisco working on your case? if they don't, I find it disgraceful for this model seems to be the flagship model of Cisco Small Business...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: