Helpful
Replies

RV220W URL FILTRING

essaki_ihssan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have 8 users in my office.

i want to enable the URL Filrting for only 5 users in my office and 3 users will have no URL Filtring.

how can i do that??

Regards.                  

7 Replies 7

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Essaki,

In the web GUI, go to Cisco protect link web, then global settings then approved clients. Ensure that Approved Clients List is set to Enable. Then add the ip addresses of the machines you want to have unrestricted web access. You may want to set those clients with static IPs rather than dhcp for this to be effective.

Best,

David

Please rate helpful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks David,

i must have cisco protectlink licence to enable the URL Filtring??

Regard..

Hi Essaki,

Correct, you need a Cisco ProtectLink Web license to use this feature.

You can get a 30 day free trial here.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and mark threads answered.

Best,

David

Hi;

i can't do it with the Fierwall > URL Filtring??

regards

Hi Essaki,

Sorry, yes, there is some limited (by URL/keyword) filtering under Firewall, as opposed to Cisco ProtectLink (which filters by category). It appears to me that you are only able to set unrestricted approved clients under protectlink. I will confirm and let you know if otherwise.

Best,

David

Thanks david;

As i send you before, I want to give an internet access limited to 6 webpage for 5 users and 3 users we will have total acces with no url filtring.

if i can do thi config with the URL Filtring under the firewall??

Regards

Essaki,

I'm sorry you have found my posts to be unhelpful.

I have confirmed with Cisco for you that the URL filtering under firewall are Global settings, applicable to all users. You can not designate approved clients here as this is a basic feature.

To do what you want, you must use content filtering under Cisco ProtectLink, a more advanced feature, which allows you to designate unrestricted clients, but does require a license.

Best,
David