cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W VLAN/Routing question (setting up guest network)

gctwnl001
Level 1
Level 1

I've added two wireless networks to my RV220W. One is meant for guests and should only allow them to go outside on the WAN. But I'm struggling how to set this up.

I have created a second VLAN (192.168.3.xxx) and assigned the 'guest network' to it. But how do I configure my RV220W such that these guests can only go to the WAN? And how do I mix this with the fact that NAT between the external WAN and the internal LAN is to the 192.168.2.xxx range? Can I do this at all?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Please try disabling the inter-VLAN routing of the guest VLAN.

Both VLANs will share the same WAN connection to reach the internet, i.e. both subnets are NATed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Please try disabling the inter-VLAN routing of the guest VLAN.

Both VLANs will share the same WAN connection to reach the internet, i.e. both subnets are NATed.

Thanks a lot. What was not clear to me from the manual was that each VLAN is NATted, so I was thinking along the lines that I had to create VLAN's with a subnet as a part of the default VLAN subnet. But this is very clear. I now have a secondary VLAN connected to a secondary SSID which cannot share the other VLAN's, in effect: a guest network on my Wireless.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: