cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W, VPN client, and Full Tunnel vs Split Tunnel capabilities

road_biker
Level 1
Level 1

For an RV220W, which VPN client mode (of the three possibilities) supports which Tunnel mode? 

This is mostly a question, and partly "in use" observations.

Background: I have been able to get all three different VPN clients to work with an RV220W, but only one of the three works in "Full Tunnel"  mode (SSL VPN). And since I know one of the three -- the Cisco QuickVPN client -- will never with in that mode, do we know if an RV220W will with an IPSec client in Full Tunnel Mode? 

If anyone answers yes, the next question will be vpn client and how did you configure it, client and RV220W, to make full tunnel work.

Summary of VPN modes I've gotten to work with an RV220W:

ClientSplit Tunnel Works?Full Tunnel Works?OS?Notes
SSL VPNYesYesWin7/64IE10 or IE11
QuickVPNYesNoWin7/64 
IPSec VPNYesNo Win7/64Shrew Soft VPN Client

3 Replies 3

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

for me the only chance to use IPSec VPN to work with full tunnel mode (i.e. to redirect all traffic into VPN tunnel from client) is to try to set corresponding subnet settings within "VPN -> IPSec -> Basic VPN Setup"

So you wanted to achieve redirection of all traffic, we should have following "Local Network" settings:

Local LAN (Local Network) IP Address: 0.0.0.0

Local LAN (Local Network) Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0

save configuration and test with for example with Shrew Soft (without changing anything on client).

I have to mark this as not a correct answer.

Reason: 0.0.0.0 will not go into either of the fields listed above, message is "Invalid IP address Please enter a value between 1 - 223 at xxx.0.0.0.".

To Michal Bruncko who posted this:

1.) 0.0.0.0 will not work in my router nor in the RV220W online emulator here, (general emulator page here), am I missing something obvious?

2.) Have you used these actual settings on your router, or did you answer in a theoretical, "this should work" way?

Hi

it was just an idea how it could work but I've never tested as I am not owner of this router.

sorry if it isn't working as I suspected.