cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W won't recognise internet connection

AlanHardy
Level 1
Level 1

My RV220W is sitting behind a Dynalink RTA1046VW ADSL Modem.

Can't get the RV220W to detect an internet connection through the WAN port. Have got the PPPoE profile set up etc. Have tried the Dynalink in bridging mode, but to no success. Tried the setup wizard.

Firmware is current: v1.0.2.4. The connection is picked up ok through the ethernet ports.

Any clues out there?

Many thanks

Alan

5 Replies 5

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Alan,

Can you plug your PC directly into the modem and place the PPPoE settings and get online? If this is possible you should be able to get online with the RV220W. I would make sure you are running on the latest firmware on RV220W then attempt this connection once again. If this still does not work please give us a call @ 1-866-606-1866

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer.

Jasbryan

A PC plugged in to the modem picks up internet quite happily.

The firmware version is current: v1.0.2.4

I am in Australia. Is there a support number I can call here? If not I will drop you a line.

Alan

mtu setting perhaps? for adsl you need 1492 or lower.

Regards Simon

Alan,

Here is the list of all Cisco Small Business Support Numbers,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Thanks,

Jasbryan

AlanHardy
Level 1
Level 1

This has been resolved. Essentially what nailed it was as follows:

1. Factory reset the modem.

2. Modem set to bridging mode

3. Modem IP left at the default 192.168.1.1. The router & rest of the network are in the 17.23.50.xxx range. Putting the modem out of range like this seems to be significant as, from what I've heard, these low end modem / routers see it as their mission in life to run the network, despite what they're set to.

Now I have the Cisco picking up the connection on the WAN port using the PPPoE profile. It is also running DHCP, which never really seemed to get off the ground.

There are other outstanding issues which I will post elsewhere.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Alan