cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.
Get the latest news in this issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

RV260 Android VPN

Hi, First time using the RV260 series router. I'm setting up a client to site VPN connection using IPsec. It appears straight forward but I can't get it to connect. According to the Cisco docs it should be compatible with the native Android VPN client. The only thing I can't find is a clear explanation about is the one term called Remote Identifier. It gives 3 options,  IP Address, Remote FQDN, or Remote User FQDN. I'm assuming this means the IP or name of my Android phone. The IP address could change at any time so that wouldn't work. Am I supposed to really use the device name of my phone? I want multiple devices to be able to use this VPN connection. What am I missing here?  I couldn't find any recent postings about how to make an Android work from a RV 260 or similiar router. Please help. Thanks!

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: RV260 Android VPN

Hello,

My name is Lili and I am a Small Business Support Engineer.

I can see that you are trying to set the IPSec for R260 (client to site).

Can you try with selecting FQDN and typing in test.cisco.com like explained in the following guide ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/Configuring_Shrew_Soft_VPN_Client_with_the_RV160_and_RV260.html - Step 10.

Please let me know if this article has helped.

Lili Genova
Technical Consulting Engineer
Global CX Centers – Small Business Support
Highlighted
Beginner

I made the router changes that the article recommended. But the Shrew soft client is only for Windows not Android. Is there any documentation on how to successfully use the RV260 IPsec VPN with Android.  I want to use the android IPSec Xauth PSK vpn type. 

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You would need to be able to configure the VPN on the Android device.

You need to have the option to choose PAP.

The newest Andorid versions do not have this option , but you need to check in the settings.

Another option for connecting all types of device(Android, MAC, Windows) is Cisco AnyConnect supported on our RV34X series.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Lili Genova
Technical Consulting Engineer
Global CX Centers – Small Business Support