Views
Helpful
Replies

RV260 factory settings

Yaro7619
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

Following this https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV260/Quick_Start_Guide/EN/RV260_qsg_en.pdf

user guide procedure, I have just used a paper clip to restore factory setting on RV260. The result is, bricked device. After restoring factory settings, it seems that web interface does no longer exist. Device displays only default Apache page. Serial console in this device never worked. Is it possible to access specific address in web browser in order to get into configuration?

Or the only option in such situation is sending device to service?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Yaro,

Thank you for your reply. No Problem, good to know that the issue has been sorted out. :-)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What is the DIAG light status showing now? The default IP of the RV260 router is 192.168.1.1, please check whether you are getting the DHCP IP from the router & able to ping the default IP. In case you are able to ping the default IP then you can try to access the router via web browser using that IP.

How long you hold the reset button to bring that device to factory default settings?

You may open a service request with us following the below mentioned link to troubleshoot on this issue…

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Hi Sujoy.

I would like to apologize ... for my last post. The whole situation was my mistake. After a short break and a cup of coffee, I remembered that I have 192.168.1.0/24 subnet in my network. So after restoring the default parameters of the router, I had two subnets with the same address range. And this Apache default web page was from debian box, not the router. So once again forgive me for bothering.

Hi Yaro,

Thank you for your reply. No Problem, good to know that the issue has been sorted out. :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: