cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV260 Just Purchased and issues with port configuration

Scott Raley
Level 1
Level 1

Received new RV260 and setup 4 VLANS and attached it to its port so VLAN 1 goes to port 1.  Each VLAN is a different network. VLAN 1 is working fine with hooked up. When VLAN 2 was hooked up it took the settings for VLAN 4.  VLAN 3 was setup for a wireless network and it would broadcast the wireless is online but when connected it had no internet. I did not test VLAN 4.  Any ideas on what I need to check on the VLAN setup connected to a port?  Looking up the VLAN to Port piece in the manual and have tried to leave it (but the router will automatically set) the tagged/Untagged/Excluded. Not sure if I am doing them right but they are all tagged. Trying to make it Untagged resets something else to tagged. Trying excluded didn't appear to do anything. Thanks

4 Replies 4

JEB55
Level 1
Level 1

I found this article helpful, if somewhat opaque in certain areas. It seems that every port on the RV260W must have an Untagged VLAN on it. If a port has only one VLAN on it (what the article calls an "access port"), that VLAN must be marked as Untagged.

For ports on the router that aren't being used by any VLAN, the article suggests setting up a "dead end" VLAN for security purposes. Sound advice.

Yes understand that but the problem I have is that as soon as I set one to the untagged it wants to reverse which one is tagged. Each vlan is on its own port and lining those up to be untagged on each row. This is what the first vlan has and it works but when taking vlan2 and saying its on port 2 and it was marked untagged but so was port 4 as being untagged and thought that was a problem. I changed port 4 to be tagged but that did not fix port 2/vlan2. So currently only vlan 1 is up and running.

Did you Exclude all other VLANs on the port? On an access port, i.e., a port on which there is just one VLAN, that VLAN should be marked as Untagged (on that port). Every other VLAN listed on the left should be marked as Excluded (on that port).

akashar2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Scott,

As per my understanding you are facing issue while  setting up VLAN on RV260. 

Please find the link below to do simple VLAN configuration and assigning ports under VLAN.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/5951-discussions-small-business-routers/message-id/38785

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: