Helpful
Replies

RV260W WAN Port goes Down after reboot

IFCO
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm on Cisco Router RV260W.

My WAN port is connected by CAT6 Ethernet cable to my provider's ONT (1Gps fibre connection).

My public IP is obtained by making a DHCP request in VLAN 100.
My Wan interface is therefore tagged in VLAN 100.

Since update 1.0.00.16 (and now 1.0.00.17) my WAN Port goes down after a reboot.

I notice in logs, thats WAN Port go to 10Mbps (instead of 1000Mbps) and down.

In 1.0.0.15 i don't have any problem.

Does anyone encounter this problem?

19 Replies 19

IFCO
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed that.

My router rebooted today because of a power outage.
As usual (in version 1.0.00.17), it rebooted with the WAN interface in 10Mbps and down.

I disabled the VLAN tag on the WAN interface, restarted the router and the WAN interface was UP in 1000Mbps. (No internet access however because the settings are incorrect).
I then tagged my WAN interface, the interface remained UP in 1000Mbps and the internet access was then OK.

It's really annoying in case of router reboot I have to be there to set it up.

If anyone has an idea how to fix this problem.

Yours sincerely,

Hi,

Glad to see I'm not the alone with this problem.
Thank you for your feedback.

I add the RV160 and RV160W model in the tags of this thread.
I hope, as you say, that Cisco will fix this problem that has been going on for several months.

Sincerely,

vangelis_p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

same issue for me (I have the RV160W).
I looked a lot around but no solution, so I have downgraded to 1.0.0.15

This thread should be seen by a Cisco employee and they have to provide a proper update for that.

---
Vangelis

It's finny because Release Notes for 1.0.0.16 contains next line:
CSCvn99887 WAN port goes down when configured "100 Full”
:)
And Release Notes for 1.0.0.17 contains only one record:
CSCvt23810 Evaluation of pp for Kr00k attack - CVE-2019-15126

Funny, not so much... but actually I've noted that in the release notes as well.
However the bug persists and is really very problematic especially in these times of containment where the internet connection and maintaining a VPN connection is vital.

Cisco please fix this problem quickly.

I already wrote it in this thread https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/rv260w-wifi-stops-working-after-some-time/m-p/4070646#M332966 that in my case I have dead LAN ports. Not fully (devices say that cable connected) but all of them which are connected by LAN ports stop receive answers from DHCP. Devices does not have IP address and I can't reach router admin page by 192.168.1.1 (by default). Only reboot once per 1-2 days helps me.
Strange but when I bought router it had 1.0.0.16 firmware (or 15) then I did not have problems during ~2 weeks. Then I upgraded it to 1.0.0.17 and I am crying because reboot takes ~1-2 mins in my case and it's crazy when you on conference.

Do you have un DHCP server or do you use the DHCP of the Cisco Router?

Your LAN ports are down (or on lower speed insted of 1Gbps)?

I am using DHCP of the Cisco Router.
Today I downgraded to 1.0.0.15 and will wait several days.

1.0.0.15 and 1.0.0.17 same issue. Router does not respond. But current socket connections are still valid. Only new connections fail.

a-a
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Is there any way to file official bug report? Most recent version downloaded today (1.0.01.02) is still affected by WAN port not functioning after reboot if VLAN is selected in WAN config. After reboot WAN shows as 10Mibs, router does not receive DHCP configuration from ISP.

I spent 4 hours today. Had to rollback to 1.0.0.15.

@vangelis_p 

@IFCO 

@vangelis_p 

@a-a 

Please raise again a case with the Cisco STAC and report for the issue. They will gather your filed cases and escalate to the development team to further investigate.

Regards,

Martin

Raised 691472959 support case for this issue as it still persist in the most recent firmware

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

Could you please try the below step (and ofcourse do a apply-save before a reboot)

1. In the MULTI-WAN page under WAN, go the wan interface and in the advanced-section, disable the existing enabled setting (default) of "Enable Network Service Detection"

2. This i believe will solve the issue you are observing...

3. If its enabled (as it is by default), it keeps sending some keepalive pings to the default-gw by default and if the pings are not replied, it simply brings down the wan interface and makes it offline (as seen in the status page of GUI)

In any case, disabling this "Enable Network Service detection" would be no harm done...as there is no multiwan intefaces like in 340/345 so its not generally required here...unless you also connect the 3G/4G wan as failover wan links...then this setting comes into picture

Observed that when you dont configure anything on the main wan port (and its set to dhcp by default and there is no ipaddress on it) and then eventhough you add a subinterface on wan and connect with a static-ipaddrr to the fiber-modem...etc, what happens is that the underlying wan1 becos of no config simply goes offline due to default "enable network service detection....so when its in offline there is no traffic forwarded..

Thank you for the suggestion. However it did not work. I already had  Network Service Detection disabled. I tried to enable it and disable again - no effect.

Workaround is - disable VLAN tag on WAN interface, reboot, enable VLAN tag back and hope not to reboot again.

Today updated to "1.0.01.03" and it still suffers from the same issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: