cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 3g/4g USB Setup

PeteMc
Level 1
Level 1

I haven't been able to track down a manual yet for the RV320.  Has anyone successfully setup the 3g/4g USB option?  If you have, would you let me know what you did.

The first thing they ask for is a PIN#, I've never used a PIN to access my VZW MiFi, so I'm not sure what they're looking for.

Thanks.

15 Replies 15

vvijaysa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Peter,

Did you try searching the link I gave you in another post. (

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=)

Thanks

Vijay

Thanks for the link, lots of good stuff there....  But I don't see anthing on setting up the 3g/4g access.

Hello from Pete.

What menu option did you find, where you were asked to input a PIN # ?

The System Management -> Dual WAN option seems to have minimal configurable options, when in edit mode, and none of them seem to send commands to a modem device.

It's as if the USB ports are only accessible for firmware updates.

I'm on the road right now, so haven't had a whole lot of time to experiment.  But the initial place I found the 3g/4g settings are: Setup; Network; WAN Setting Table; USB 1 (or 2); Edit

The first field is asking for a PIN.  I've never used a PIN for my 3g or 4g device.  Also never had to enter a number.  So I'm not sure how the setup works.

Hello Peter,

I am so sorry that you couldn't get any information online. Is there any Auto mode when you choose Setup > Network > WAN > USB1. If there is an Auto mode, I suggest you to choose it. Also, most settings are your ISP related. The PIN is actually your SIM PIN which you can get by calling your ISP. I guess you are using a GSM connection. Mostly, CDMA modems don't ask for PIN. When you call your ISP, ask them to help you walk-through the setup. You may need the following information also:

Access Point Name (APN)

Dial Number

User Name

Password

SIM PIN

Server Name

Authentication

Service Type

Thanks,

Vijay

Is There any updates to the above issue?

I have tested  multiple 3G and 4G dongles that all  work on the SRP-527-W. I am yet to find one that works in the RV320. This is problem that needs to be rectified by Cisco.

Please help..

Thank You

Same issue yet. Two dongles supported one is DWM-157, the other is Huawei E3276 bot no way to make them working. The same old story, 3g/4g modem not available. Even with the latest Cisco firmware.

We tried to ask newer FW version but no answer from Cisco at all.

We use a workaround and connect a cheap TPlink router into wan2 since the TPlink router recognize any of our dongle like a charm. Like this I can use wan2 as a 3g/4g failover port. But this story is really a joke, I have purchased RV320 because of the brand and wide compatibility matrix concerning dongles. But finally I cannot use USB ports as 3g/4g failover at all.

I would suggest that newer version of RV320 should incorporate the dongle, the only one, which works (I don't know which one, because I have never seen or heard any dongle working with RV320)

Hope with newer FW once I can fire my dongle in RV320's USB port.

All the best,

Laszlo

I have tried Huawei E398 and ZTE MF820D LTE modems, both of them are working but with slow 14/3 Mbps throughput as they would be on 3G network only. I have bought this router because I would like to swap out the TP-Link TL-MR3020 4G router from the WAN connection chain. No it seems was waste of money as I need to keep the TP-Link router in the chain which was the goal of the whole investment.

mzeilenga
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Verizon USB760 3g modem and it was as simple as plugging it in and it worked. I didn't have to change any settings from default or enter a pin #.

Currently it is my only WAN connection.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

I just tied with the lates firmware, still doesn't recognize my VZW MiFi 2200.

I have tried all available firmware images. I am using a ZTE MF821D usb modem. When I go into >Setup>Network and edit WAN settings table for USB 1 - I see message : USB Connection status :3g /4g modem is not available, yet the USB 1 indicator is showing constant green and the usb stick is fashing away blue showing connectivity to the 3G network.

Any advice on solving the issue would be much appreciated.

Regards

Paddy

mzeilenga
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a list of tested modems

Dlink:DWM-157
Huawei:E353S,E156G,E1550,E1553,E161,E169,E169u,E173s,E1731,E176,E1750,E180,E353s,E398,EC122,EC156
ZTE: K3770-Z,MF190,MF628,MF651,MF821D,AC2764

This is as of 8/2/13

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Marc Nagao
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello all,

If you have a pretty recent model modem and it is not recognized by the router, please contact the support team and we will add it to the list to support. We will ask for your in-country assistance to verify the new driver.

Please ensure the modem is a newer model. The more popular, the better!

Thanks all,

Marc

Hi,

I got the Cisco RV320 and the D-Link DWM-157 (ON the List) but still get the message "3G/4G modem not available". The LED on the frontpanel stays green, so there should be a connection to the 3G network, so is the LED on the modem. The Firmware on the router is v1.1.1.0.6.

I got both devices (router and modem) twice, with two SIM-Cards. Same issue in every constellation.

I testet a VPN-Connection via 3G network with the modems and two laptops with openvpn without any problems.

Is there a possibility to solve the problem?

Greetings from Germany,

Ephraim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: