cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 3g/4g USB Setup

PeteMc
Level 1
Level 1

I haven't been able to track down a manual yet for the RV320.  Has anyone successfully setup the 3g/4g USB option?  If you have, would you let me know what you did.

The first thing they ask for is a PIN#, I've never used a PIN to access my VZW MiFi, so I'm not sure what they're looking for.

Thanks.

15 Replies 15

kannanms2009
Level 1
Level 1
  • We had ACT Fibernet which we connected to WAN 2 port of CISCO RV320 router and worked like a charm.

• We wanted to have a backup 4G LTE connection, but the dongle Huawei E3372 we had did not work when inserted into the USB port of CISCO router.

• We planned to connect it to WAN 1 port of CISCO router through another router (!!!) and succeeded at last. Now it works like a backup, if ACT fibernet goes off.

• Type 192.168.1.1 and enter CISCO router setup page.

Based on the network IP address we had, we changed Device IP address of CISCO router (for example, our network IP     

address range is 192.168.0.1 – 192.168.0.255, so in

DHCP setup of CISCO router –

Change Device IP address to 192.168.0.1 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0

DHCP mode – DHCP server

Range start 192.168.0.2 Range End 192.168.0.149 or as you need

SAVE the settings

• In Setup – Network,

In Multiple Subnet Table, keep IP address 192.168.0.1 and delete the other 2 addresses

SAVE the settings

• In System Management – Dual WAN

Select Smart Link Backup and select WAN1 or WAN2 which you want to be your primary   

connection (obviously the ACT Fibernet connected to WAN2, in our case)

SAVE the settings

• Logout and type 192.168.0.1 to enter CISCO router setup page.
  •  
  • We had TP LINK TL-MR6400 4G LTE router. We inserted the SIM card in the slot. Then we connected one end of a patch cable to one of its LAN port and the other end to the WAN1 port of CISCO router (leave the factory settings as such in TP LINK router). Switch this on.

• Now go the System Summary of CISCO router. You will find,

WAN1 Connected (Inactive) and no IPv4 details of WAN1,

WAN2 Connected and IPv4 details of WAN2 would be filled

Now internet will be working with WAN2 ISP network.

• Pull out the WAN2 cable, refresh (press again) System Summary, you will find WAN1 Connected and IPv4 details of WAN1 filled and internet will be working with WAN1 ISP network.

• Now insert cable in WAN2, the router will automatically switch over to WAN2 (ACT Fibernet) ISP and work.

• Very sad that after paying huge price for CISCO RV320 router, we have to use another router to connect 4G LTE!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: