Helpful
Replies

RV320 and RV042 Help me please

sundaland
Level 1
Level 1

Dear, CISCO Support

I have 2 question. 

Now I have 5 products for RV042 (main used) and 5 products for RV320 (use to Backup)

Question:

#1: RV042 can not show the Speed in WAN2(eth2), 

I upgrade the last firmware but not change. How can I do or configuration RV042. (Please saw my attach file)

#2: RV320 my GUI configuration in Menu Setup->Advance Routing -> Static Routing Table

I want to set default route  Destination IP 0.0.0.0  Subnet 0.0.0.0 (I can set it on RV042) but on RV320 Can't set it. I try to set Subnet 0.0.0.0  GUI show message "Subnet Mask format is illegal!). 

How can I do configuration RV320. (Please saw my attach file)

sorry, for a little English.

p.s. 2 Week ago, I try to search about question on internet but I not found.

I hope, cisco suport can help me. Thank you for your answer.

1 Reply 1

Dan Miley
Level 3
Level 3

hello

the default gateway on this device is set through the WAN interface settings.

setup--network--wan--default gateway.

I was able to put a LAN IP address in that setting, and it seemed to work, but I did not thoroughly test it.  I had to set my wan to a static IP, so I could set a static Default gateway.  That information is frequently learned through dhcp from the internet provider.

That is not normally the way internet traffic is routed.  In the small biz routers,  internet traffic goes Lan to Wan so that the firewall, packet inspection,  and filters will work.

do you have a topology you could put into the case?  including IP addresses, routers, vlans, etc?

Do you really want the default route for all traffic on the  LAN side of the device?

The advanced routing tab will allow you to add static routes to the device, but not the default route for the whole unit.

dlm...