cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 Backup & Restore Problems

a.arnberger
Level 1
Level 1

We have 4 cisco rv320 vpn routers in our office. 2 are already working and the other 2 routers should be used for hardware backup.

Now I made a backup of the router configs of both working routers and wanted to restore the configs to the other two backup routers, but it is not working. The target backup routers just make a total reset and start again with the factory defaults.

Can anybody help me in this case ???

Regards

ALOIS.

2 Replies 2

rubelope
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Thank you for using the Cisco Support forums. My name is Ruben, and I'm an eSupport Content Developer for the Small Business Support Community.  

Are you seeing any error messages when restoring the configs to your backup routers?  If the Startup configuration file is corrupted or fails for any reason, the mirror configuration file is used, which may seem like the factory defaults in your case.

I have found a document on the Cisco Knowledge Base that may help you.

Backup and Restore Configuration Files on RV320 and RV325 VPN Routers

I hope you will find this answer useful.

all the best,

Ruben

No success until now !!! Maybe the problem is, that there are different firmware versions, can it be a reason ?

!!! PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

IF YOU USE PASSWORD SAVING FOR THE CONFIG FILE

THEN YOU MUST ENABLE POP-UPS IN YOUR BROWSER

OTHERWARDS THE ROUTER WILL NOT RESTORE THE

CONFIG!!!

THX TO ALL!!!

ALOIS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: