cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 Bug - Service Management Table (Port Forwarding)

Pandabrain
Level 1
Level 1

I'm unable to add more than 16 entries for port forwarding.

It's a RV320 on v1.1.1.06 (newest to date) and it doesn't accept more than 16 entries in the "Service Management Table" required for port forwarding. As soon as I try to enter number 17 and hit save the window closes like it always does but you can see for a short time it says "Critical failure. Please contact support." Everything else works, except for the entry in the Service Management Table. I'm also unable to use it in the port forwarding section, it just doesn't save the entry. I'm unable to add any services to the list unless I delete others but it only works again until number 16.

Actually the "limit" is 37 because it comes with 21 services entered out of the box.

I couldn't find any bug reporting website that I could use without a contract. So I seek for help here.
Anybody else having this issue or is it just my device?

24 Replies 24

Mehdi Boukraa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pandabrain, 

Please call the technical support line and open a ticket regarding this issue, here is the contact details : 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Thanks

Mehdi

@mboukraa thanks for the fast reply and the usefull link.

I just used the chat support 5 minutes ago. The employee was very eager to help me and to find a solution asap. Since I don't need that many ports redirected at the same time right now, my workaround is to delete and re enter the needed services. I got a support ticket though.

So they are aware of the issue and need some time. He was talking about a few days to be able to look into that and to provide me with more information about what to do.

I'll keep you updated.

Good.!  Thanks for keep updated the post.

chelupulus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pandabrain,

I have exactly the same problem with the same equipment with the same firmware. My service table is 37 rules too.

You are not the only one :)

if you found the solution, please share. i can not found yet.

Regards

Pandabrain
Level 1
Level 1

Short Update, I got an email about an hour ago:

"This is regarding the -ticketnr- .RV320:Critical failure error while adding more than 17 entries on service.

We are still investigating on this issue. I will get back to you in a day’s time.

Thanks for your patience."

Hey, 

I have this bug too, but in my case I have the RV325. I suppose its pratically the same software,

In my case its not just a limit of entries. I cannot actually delete existing entries to insert new ones.

I have the latest firmware 1.1.1.06.

Do you have any news? Does Cisco really needs a month to answer ? ....

Thank you,

A.Santos

Darren Lewarne
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here except i need more than 37 entrys.... is there any way round it?? need to get this forwarding working as have 2 new servers to forward ports for...

Cheers
Daz

ok have found another way, using port translation you can add a couple extras, still need this bug fixed though! (also generally the firmware on this needs work...)

dancrichton
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any update to this issue? Starting setting up a brand new RV320 yesterday and hit this bug, I need to get it rolled out into a live environment ASAP but this is a show stopper as I need to configure more than 16 extra service management rules in order to allow all required services for the company network. Hit the 16 limit and seeing the same issues as reported here already, cannot edit/delete/add services once 16 had been added.

that last firmware is old now, im guessing that although this router is still on sale they are no longer fixing it....

very sad.. personally I would move over to draytek, (which i will have to do soon as this problem is causing us issues) 

Cheers

Daz

10 days ago a post was made in https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12353771/cannot-manage-service-list-all-waited-unacceptably-long-fix  indicating there is a new firmware in beta test, I've contacted support to try to get a copy.

I'm moving off Draytek, have a 2830 with latest firmware and various weird issues that they've confirmed are bugs but cannot provide a due date for fix. DHCP randomly giving out wrong DNS server addresses, tagged VLAN support flaky and giving out DHCP details from wrong VLAN (worked around using 1 cable from switch per VLAN and using port based VLAN rather than tagged), App Enforcement for IM blocking causing SMTP and Live.com login issues. And that's just what cropped up last week with the unit at work here. Still using it for our live router as we can't put the RV320 in place until we can configure all the required ACLs which needs more than 16 service entries.

well that is promising! will have to see what they come back with, i had almost given up hope!

as for draytek that is a little unusual normally they are great, (I have one at home and a 2920 next to me here, only replaced it as it did not have enough throughput for our twin FTTP lines, 220mb on each!)

Cheers
Daz 

The throughput was one of my worries too, we've got 75Mbps right now so the 90Mbps throughput of the 2830 is high enough, but there's a good chance we'll be on 150Mbps next year so would be held back by the 2830.

Prior to the latest firmware on the 2830 we had issues with the public DNS servers being given out to VPN users which meant they couldn't connect to anything inside the LAN by hostname, it was strange as it wouldn't do it all the time. After upgrading to the latest firmware we had the other issues, but at least two of them we could workaround and the other (random DHCP DNS set to wrong addresses) is solved by renewing the DHCP lease.

Hi,

For RV320 - you need to use IE and to have Compatibility view enabled in order to create more rows for Services. Also worth trying changing the view from 50 rows on a page (the default one) to 25, jump on page 2 and try adding 17th and so one services.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: