cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 Cannot remotely restart router--no action when selected

Chet Prokop
Level 1
Level 1

Set up a pair of RV320's at a customer office and home office--with configured GW-GW tunnel.  All works but when I tried to 'disable' the GW-GW tunnel... the RV320 "kept" the tunnel active and connected!!   And trying to reboot the router while remotely logged in fails!  It never restarts!

At the other-end, the RV320  router works fine and will restart and I can kill the tunnel ,,, restart,, etc ,,, all normal stuff.

Both have 1.3.1.12 FW--which has be solid for all the other issues we've seen with earlier releases.

I just dont know what to do with the distant RV320 that I cant kill the tunnel and cant remotely restart.  The router otherwise works fine! 

Note that even deleting all tunnels... so nothing shows in the summary for GW-GW, the RV still shows 1 tunnel active... and still works as tho it's set up.  I'm lost on this one. Never saw this one before.

These routers are a few weeks old via TD distribution.  The s/n's are 1 apart so same fw hw.  No issues doing FW upgrades during install.  

Just never ran into this problem and we've been using these since they were out. 

Thoughts are appreciated.

Chet.

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
SMB - IT and Telecom Services
Houston, TX
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I did update to the latest firmware and remote reboot does work now. Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

cparrilla
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this issues resolved? I've had issues rebooting the rv320 remotely since I purchased it. I've tried numerous firmware's and the restart feature from the web GUI never works. I don' t get it. I'm having this issue on multiple rv320's.

We've had no problems with the 320s with the current fw release 1.3.2.02.   If you havent updated to this version, do so.  Remote reboots work fine.

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
SMB - IT and Telecom Services
Houston, TX

I did update to the latest firmware and remote reboot does work now. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: