cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.
Get the latest news in this issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

RV320 Crashing and Restarting

RV320 Firmware 1.5.1.05.

Random crash and restart often several times per day.

Common Log error prior to restart:

Error cvm oct napi poll: skb head skb data

Also will sometimes get error along with above:

Error cvm oct napi poll skb dev is Null

Also will sometimes get error along with above: 

CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address

I have not found anything in searching these errors to date.

Seems to have started in October (after update firmware from 1.4 to 1.5 - for example no restart from Aug 18 - Oct 24 for example under 1.4.)

Is this a hardware error?

Troubleshooting to date with no fix:

1. Reload Firmware

2. Factory Reset and Reload Configuration File

Should I reset and manually input configuration?  Not a really complicated configuration - 1 site to site, easy vpn and pptp vpn and multiple IP with one to one nat and access rules (PITA to re input).

Should I downgrade firmware?  (Lots of security issues resolved in 1.5 though.)

Any advice to troubleshoot.  (Getting frustrated and considering ubiquity for firewall vpn as well as wifi.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: RV320 Crashing and Restarting

So I figured out the problem with the continual rebooting!

(I though it might be hardware related because of the type of message.)

However I is a bug in the firmware.  Researching the logs more thoroughly it would appear that the crash is caused by malicious vpn hacking on the PPTP server.  Almost each time prior the reboot we would get the following log issues:

VPN Log: (Tunnel login fail) Admin,in=0,src=92.63.194.35,got IP=192.168.1.170 cause : password incorrect

VPN Log: (Tunnel disconnect) Admin,in=0,src=92.63.194.35,got IP=192.168.1.170 cause : link disconnect

VPN Log: Terminating on signal 15

After blocking with access list the group of IP addresses related to this vpn hack the rebooting has stop and the system is up now for almost 7 days!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
VIP Mentor

i would suggest latest stable firmware in place and reset to factory settings and input the config,

at the same time open a TAC case, so TAC aware of the issue and updare you when any new update and fix available.

BB
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Highlighted
Beginner

Further troubleshooting.

Factory Reset and manually reloaded all of the configuration.  Within 24 hours it rebooted with the same error just prior to restarting which is indicated by System Log:  CiscoRV320: System up and Sytem Log: Firmware Version: v1.5.1.05:

[ERROR]cvm_oct_napi_poll: skb->head > skb->data

Any next step in troubleshooting?

Highlighted
VIP Mentor

Honestly not sure what that mean to me, please open SMB TAC case so they can able to help you.

BB
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. The mentioned issue has been reported already, may need to replace the hardware provided the entitlement is valid.

Please open a service request following the below mentioned link to track the issue.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Highlighted
Beginner

So I figured out the problem with the continual rebooting!

(I though it might be hardware related because of the type of message.)

However I is a bug in the firmware.  Researching the logs more thoroughly it would appear that the crash is caused by malicious vpn hacking on the PPTP server.  Almost each time prior the reboot we would get the following log issues:

VPN Log: (Tunnel login fail) Admin,in=0,src=92.63.194.35,got IP=192.168.1.170 cause : password incorrect

VPN Log: (Tunnel disconnect) Admin,in=0,src=92.63.194.35,got IP=192.168.1.170 cause : link disconnect

VPN Log: Terminating on signal 15

After blocking with access list the group of IP addresses related to this vpn hack the rebooting has stop and the system is up now for almost 7 days!

View solution in original post