cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 hairpin (intra-interface)

voltroncz
Level 1
Level 1

I use RV320 router shortly and I am trying to set all services I need. This router uses 2 WANs, one with public IP, second with provider's network IP address. All the traffic from LAN to internet goes over non-public (WAN2, provider's IP) and public IP (WAN1) is intended for remote access to local network, several services and VPN.

I have added a DNS record in the domain administration so anyone in internet typing "remote.mydomain.xy" is redirected to WAN1 IP address where login page of router or NAS is shown.

When I type "remote.mydomain.xy" within LAN, the request is timed out.

As I found, this feature is called hairpinning. I tried to google any solution, but all of them are more or less far from my router setting.

The same goes for other services. They are accessible from outside the network but not responding within LAN. I have to set manually the local IP of device with running service and when leaving the office, I have to change back to public IP or remote.mydomain.xy

Is there any easy solution how to enable hairpin function on this router?

I tried to set it in Firewall's access rules, but without success. I think it has to have something in common with Firewall setting as the hairpin seems to work when firewall is disabled.

15 Replies 15

Kachinapat
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a solution to this problem? The thread is marked Solved, but I don’t see that anyone has reported a successful fix.

We purchased an RV320 to replace a RV042.  We use an application called Splashtop Enterprise to connect remotely to our server, (using the public router IP). The application also connects from within the office, on the LAN, through the RV042, but will not connect in the office through the RV320, the RV320 only connect remotely.

Can I make the new router work or do I need to purchase a different router?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: