Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 inter VLAN not working

Hi everyone,

I'm trying for a few days to setup my RV320 (v.03 - frimware version v1.3.2.02) to use VLAN membership and to route between the some VLANS.

My setup:

- like in the attached "RV320 VLAN membership" screenshot, have configured VLAN 500 and setup some servers to with IP in that range (10.1.50.0/24)

- i have a laptop connected to router with DHCP (get's IP from default - 10.1.1.0/24)

My problem:

- in the above scenario laptop can ping gateway (10.1.50.1) but nothing in the VLAN 500 (see 2'nd attached file)

- if i set laptop's IP manually to 10.1.50.xx or 10.1.1.xx with netmask 255.255.0.0 then i can ping in the VLAN range

But that has nothing to with router, it's a trick that i can not employ for some v-servers that require inter-VLAN routing.

P.S. i tried upgrading to latest firmware but successful (after update, router restarts and same old firmware)

Can you please advise what I'm doing wrong, or is this router capable of inter-VLAN routing ? (I seriously doubt it at this point)

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Send me a personal message with your address and I will see what I can do.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, that should work as advertised. I just retested using a RV325.

How many network interfaces do you have on your laptop ?

In VLAN 500 please provide info about a NIC config of an attached device.

Does it use the correct default gateway, does it use the correct netmask ?

Best

Jo

Hi, that should work as advertised. I just retested using a RV325.

I thought so to but apparently my device "disagrees"

How many network interfaces do you have on your laptop ?

On my laptop only one physical, it get's it's IP from default VLAN (1) from router but i also configured it static with 10.1.50.xx

In VLAN 500 please provide info about a NIC config of an attached device.

On VLAN 500 i have normally VM's from cloud infrastructure. I also configured the server with static IP in the VLAN's range to be sure (normally not needed). Gateway is the Cisco's VLAN IP (10.1.50.1), tried also default VLAN (10.1.1.1) with no effect.

Netmasks i tried anything meaningful (255.255.255.0; 255.255.0.0, 255.255.240.0) no changes. The only thing that somehow works is 255.255.0.0 manually configured, but that's a trick not a solution as the netmask covers both IP ranges (default and 500) so naturally packets will go from host to host (not routed by gateway)

I read a lot on the subject, even here on forum there are a couple of posts complaining about this strange behavior with no real solution. In one post, the writer of the post says he updated the router and started working, but even that i can not do as the router will not update (see my PS in the post)

I just found this: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuv74771 

Could this be an indication to my problem ? my firmware is very close to the one in the bug-report

Thanks,

Cristian

I do not believe that is an issue. Do you have 1:1 NAT configured ? You should also update to latest release please.

It contains important security fixes.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284005929/type/282465789/release/1.4.2.22?catid=268437899.

@Jo Kern wrote:

I do not believe that is an issue. Do you have 1:1 NAT configured ? You should also update to latest release please.

It contains important security fixes.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284005929/type/282465789/release/1.4.2.22?catid=268437899.

I have multiple port forwarding in use and NAT (disabled now) is a cornerstone to my use case.

As i said in my original post and reply also, upgrade not happening !!

I tried multiple times with 2 different versions, same behavior: uploading file -> router updating -> router restarting -> same old version (no errors in the process) !!

I gladly would update my router, that's an other very strange behavior for this class of router.

Thank you,

Cristian

If the router is not updating there is a problem no doubt.

a) Save config, factory reset, put config back.

or

b) Factory reset, upgrade , reconfigure manually.

If all fails return the router. Call Cisco support to get an RMA.

Can you share your WAN config and your NAT config

Version a) and b) i tried already, sadly no success. I did factory reset from web admin.

I think i can try one more thing, hardware reset (using reset button) and push the update file via tftp.

But that i can only do after closing hours as i have customers already accessing servers on my network and this is main gateway.

P.S. Does Cisco have a kind of exchange, like i get a new router and send this back in exchange ? I can't remain for days without the main internet gateway.

Thank you,

Cristian

Send me a personal message with your address and I will see what I can do.

You did change the active image to the latest firmware?

The RV320 doesn't have multiple images, so when you upgrade it should display as the upgraded version.
I will receive a new one as something is wrong with my hardware, see Mr. Jo Kern's post above.

Recommend to anyone who faces similar issue, contact support or write in the forum, support is A+.
Especially thank you Jo Kern !! He was very helpful