cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 log times frozen?

rockjapan
Level 1
Level 1

Why do logs from the RV320 all have the same time?  This apparent bug makes it hard to troubleshoot dropouts!

3 Replies 3

Jan_Pekny
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of RV320's and I have this problem too !

Log times are all the same, the time renews only if I make "Clean log" or if I restart the router.

Please fix this ASAP.

Since Cisco does not seem to care about its buggy firmware for the small business sector, next time I'll buy Ubiquiti, but in the meantime, here is a workaround that solves the immediate issue.

Set the RV320 to forward  logs to the IP address of a Sys Log server on the same network.  I have a couple of RPis on the same network segment so I started rsyslog (built-in to Jessie and Buster) on one of them and then set logrorate as a cron job to clean the logs once each month.  The only problem I had was getting the RPi to listen on TCP port 514 because it seems a Pi restart is needed after changing these settings, so remember to use sudo reboot now after changing the Pi settings.

Now, RV320 log events are sent to the Pi where they are timestamped in UTC.

Here is a link to a How To

https://blog.sawbox.net/2018/05/13/raspberry-pi-centralized-log-server/

Thank you, good idea.

This is not my only problem with RV320. The firewall access rules are a nightmare that never stops.

Right now I am testing MikroTik and Ubiquiti for our clients. Cisco, you don't want my client's money ? Bye bye then !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: