Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 login issue

I periodically login to this router and just the other day when I entered my user ID and password I was kicked out as the password was deemed incorrect. I tried a couple more times and then I noticed that after the password is entered when I press Enter key or click on "Log in" the string of asterisks in the password line doubles in length just before the login information is submitted. I have never seen anything like this before. The router was working and works again after a power off/on but the password issue remains. When I login to other Cisco devices such as Wlan access points the password line behaves normally and logins are successful. I wonder if there may be a solution to this. It looks like my only other option would be to reset to factory status and configure from scratch.

3 Replies 3

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Are you able to login after all?  You can as a first step to clear the cache files, cookies and other data on the web browser you access the router.

Regards,

Martin

I did what you suggested. I also tried different browsers and different
computers but the problem remains.

What is the firmware version you are running on the router? You should use the latest firmware 1.5.1.11 (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/rv320-dual-gigabit-wan-vpn-router/model.html#~tab-downloads)  If you don't have access to the router at all then the only option is to factory reset. And then make sure you upgrade to the aforementioned firmware.

Thanks,

Martin