cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 loosing WAN and inter VLAN connectivity

lcole
Level 1
Level 1

I just received a new RV320 V01 router and I am having trouble with the router loosing WAN and inter VLAN connectivity. Anywhere from 2 to 24+ hours the router will stop routing traffic to/from the WAN and other VLANs on the network. I have a ping trace running on one system and all packets are lost when the routing fails to all WAN connections and systems on other VLANs. I am still able to ping all of the router address for the VLANs i.e. 192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1, 192.168.3.1 etc. Unfortunately I only have one system on this VLAN so I do not know if I can ping other systems on the same VLAN. I also do not have any DNS resolution when the issue occurs.

The router is set up using a single ISP connection on WAN1 using DHCP assignment. WAN2 is disabled in the router settings. The router has version v1.1.1.06 firmware. I have also tried disabling VPN pass-through as noted from other posts. When the issue occurs the WAN1 connection is showing as “Connected (Inactive)” with no assigned IP address, gateway or DNS servers. The router is in gateway mode and everything works fine until the problem.

Any Ideas?

18 Replies 18

Hi. My issue was resolved.

You have to reset device to factory defaults BEFORE and AFTER firmware
upgrade.

So if you already upgraded device to newest firmware. You have to install
previous firmware and reset device. Then upgrade firmware and reset again.
And then proceed to device setup.

My devices a working fine now/ Hope it helps.

I did exactly that. Now I have an issue with the logs.

I will only have new events when I go LOG>SYTEM LOG>SAVE. The events will be registered for a few seconds then nothing until I press SAVE again!

Are you experiencing any of this too?

No. I have normal logs. As for me logs on rv320 could be more informative.
But its another story. Do you checked all types of logs in logs setup?

Yeah I did that!

I guess I will have to reset to default again and start over to see what happens!

Thanks for the support!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: