cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 Missing SSL Settings

TRCarbone
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV320 router updated with the latest firmware (v1.4.2.17)

The problem I have is that I'm not seeing ANY SSL settings. No SSL Certificate menu... no SSL VPN menu... no SSL VPN Enable checkbox on the Firewall/General page.

Any ideas?

11 Replies 11

papacook
Level 1
Level 1

I also have an RV320 router updated with the latest firmware (v1.4.2.17). It is a new unit, update the firmware, loaded defaults, setup the network, and the unit is working, but the under Firewall, the SSL VPN check box is missing. See attached pic of screen shot.

TekResults
Level 1
Level 1

I could not find it in latest firmware  (v1.4.2.17)

I downgraded to v1.3.2.02 (2016-09-23, 15:17:06) and the options are now there

I researched for a while and could not find an explanation

Thank you TekResults.

I found I had to rollback the firmware to 1.2.1.14 as well since I needed to change the IP Range For Virtual Passage in Advanced Settings. Version 1.3.2.02 wouldn't allow me to change them.

In my case I lost all my settings when I did rollback. 

It would be good for Cisco to outline why they removed SSL VPN in most recent firmware.

We have many Cisco ASAs deployed at client sites.  We have started deploying RV320s because ASAs are end of life and lower level models do not do gigabit speeds.  We have setup IPSEC VPN but with lack of support in windows 10 we need an alternative.  Thought SSL VPN would work but it seems restrictive.

We have used the workarounds to maintain Cisco client on windows 10 but unfortunately it is removed when major updates of windows 10 are installed.  We have used the Shrewsoft product.  However it would be good to have something on windows 10 that is natively supported.

Any information about this? I upgraded also, and lost SSL VPN configuration.

crb314
Level 1
Level 1

Mi SSL VPN settings are missing from an RV325 router with firmware v1.4.2.19 (2018-03-30, 14:26:03) installed!

crb314
Level 1
Level 1

I went to do a firmware upgrade for the RV325 to ""RV32X_v1.4.2.20_20181224" and noticed the following interesting text tin the popup...

"To make sure firmware upgrade process smoothly, some services like DHCP will be shut down and files for OLH and SSL VPN will be removed as well. If there is any trouble during firmware upgrade, please re-download the correct firmware or reboot the system to ensure the device works normally. Are you sure you want to upgrade firmware right now?"

It does show SSL VPN will be removed.  Why and how can it be put back on without downgrading firmware?

hanborns
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did anybody ever get a real response on this? When downgrading from the latest version to the version where the SSL VPN was still available it also raised the message it would remove SSL VPN. I think it is supposed to warn that it will be disconnected due to the reboot, it is just badly worded.

Thanks, Hanno

Still waiting for a response on this for myself as well.  I am unable to access the GUI at 192.168.1.1 due to an invalid secrity certificate.

Martyzbg
Level 1
Level 1

RV320 - same here  fw 1.5.1.11 no SSL.

Hello Martyzbg,

Starting with firmware release v 1.4.2.17 the SSL VPN feature is removed on RV320 and RV325 routers.

Regards,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: