cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 - No access to web interface - Trying to reset to Factory Default

antiantagonist1
Level 1
Level 1

I started playing with VLANs and wanted to see about limiting administrative access to certain VLANs.  I ended up locking myself out.

I tried rebooting while holding the reset button for 10+ seconds, but the router would either keep the red Diag LED on while blinking green OR boot as normal.

In both cases I couldn't access the web interface (regardless of what static IPs I set for myself).  The device also continues to hand out IPs as if there are still VLANs (192.168.3.x, instead of the expected 192.168.1.x).

12 Replies 12

antiantagonist1
Level 1
Level 1

"Blinking green" was referring to the power LED.

Anyone?

Thanks for contacting Cisco,

You should be able to factory reset the device by holding the reset button in for 30 seconds.

IF you continue to have issue, please give the Small Business Support Center a call at 866.606.1866.

Best Regards,

RV320: No access to web interface after change primary certificate and Factory Default didn't seem to clear it.
 if anyone have solution please tell me EMAIL it@sharadaclinic.com

@antiantagonist1 wrote:

I started playing with VLANs and wanted to see about limiting administrative access to certain VLANs.  I ended up locking myself out.

I tried rebooting while holding the reset button for 10+ seconds, but the router would either keep the red Diag LED on while blinking green OR boot as normal.

In both cases I couldn't access the web interface (regardless of what static IPs I set for myself).  The device also continues to hand out IPs as if there are still VLANs (192.168.3.x, instead of the expected 192.168.1.x).

@antiantagonist1 wrote:

@antiantagonist1 wrote:

Actions taken:
·         Tried different browsers, computers and cables.
·         downloaded Nmap to check open ports, 8007 was open
·         Tried to access GUI with 192.168.1.1:8007
·         GUI is accessible.

Download Nmap and check open ports to access GUI

Nmap - Zenmap GUI soft for port check
https://nmap.org/zenmap/
192.168.1.1:8007 Scanning 192.168.1.1 [1000 ports] Discovered open port 80/tcp on 192.168.1.1 Discovered open port 53/tcp on 192.168.1.1 Discovered open port 1723/tcp on 192.168.1.1 Discovered open port 443/tcp on 192.168.1.1 Discovered open port 8443/tcp on 192.168.1.1 Discovered open port 8000/tcp on 192.168.1.1 Discovered open port 8008/tcp on 192.168.1.1 Discovered open port 8007/tcp on 192.168.1.1 <---- acessed by this port 192.168.1.1:8007

try using all open port after scanning that soft

Which firmware you used for getting access with port 8007 ?

I have exactly the same problem! I cannot access to the web interface anymore - no matter with which browser. Also neither the hard-reset or the access with port 8007 works.

Luckily the device is still working (with the default settings?!) but I cannot gain access to it with the web interface anymore. I have the feeling, that the hard-reset by pressing the Reset button for >10 seconds does not reset to factory defaults.

SOLVED with the phone support of Cisco! Wow! Thank you! Unbelieveable how patient the very nice lady on the other end of the line was! After one and a half hour webex/phone session, we solved it: Only the firmware installation of an older version (V1.3.2.02) via tftpd64.exe and several reboots brought access with Chrome back.

when u login with port 8007 first goes to certificate management -> my certificate and delete the certificate expect self signed ( Default )

Thanks & Regards

Prashant Shinde

IT Department

Mob : 9890720595

But I could not login with port 8007 at all ! Maybe it does not work with the latest firmware anymore?!

You will have to do a tftp recovery.  You may need to do it with an older firmware file.  Some firmware versions they have released were bad.  For example in some of the older versions after a couple weeks of operation the device would stop allowing logins until you power cycled it.  In some older versions of firmware there were security holes.  (those have been removed from the site I believe)

Just recently I found that I had trouble with version 1.4.2.17 maintaining VPNs however version 1.4.2.15 is stable.

One thing that I think helps to keep these stable is to firmware update them then login and do a factory reset then re-input the configuration again.  In a large network of these I have learned never to remote upgrade them.  Instead upgrade a spare, then rectory reset it and set it up again then swap it out with the device in the field.

If you're accessing from the LAN side:

If you're going to try port 8007, try using HTTP and NOT HTTPS.  The former works, the latter doesn't seem to.  Firmware 1.4.2.19/20.