Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 other Dynamic DNS as default

alexander.hugo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am by Strato with my DDNS. Can I make a Strato account in the RV320 dynamic dns config. On default is only dyndns.org and 3322.org.

THX

3 Replies 3

Dennis Bigelow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately at this time there is not a way to add another DDNS besides the defaults listed.

This has been submitted as a feature request and hopefully it will be an option in a future release.

Regards,

Chris

Hello Chris,

I have nearly the same problem. I have a free DynDNS Service from a other provider in Germany. But my RV320 and also RV220W supports NO other DynDNS Provider as DynDNS.org or 3322.org.

Cisco is a company with a lot of customer and with high cost products. But all SmallBusiness Router products didn't support customer spec. settings. Cheap Router in low cost sector brings a hand full DynDNS out of the box in list menu and a "other provider" setting. Poor Cisco.

I kick my cisco product(s) [RV220W, RV110W) in the dustbin and buy low cost products, that I'm flexible of new services, as with expensive Cisco products.

If you search in the support database, many, many people have the same problem and open a support ticket.

A new Firmware can fix this problem. But Cisco takes not care about the issues / problems / request of they customerer.

Regards

Armin

Hallo,

I plan to exchange some different Router to the RV340, now i have bought one RV340 for checking and testing. At first all seem to be work very well. But I have some places where we have no static ip address, so ich have to use DDNS. Now the problem is I find no option for setting up DDNS for Strato. I hope there is a solution.

Thanks and best regards,

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: