Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 Restricting required Web Features

Juan Escobari
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support Community:

I'm having some issues running the Cisco RV320 content filter.

I have added a list of "accepted allowed domains". Among the list I have sites such as Ebay.com and StackOverflow.com that, when accessed, show up with no format. No general rules to restrict web features have been enabled.

Also, all hosts have HTTP and HTTPS access to any IP address.

What could be causing the sites to show up with no format?

Thanks for the help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I hope that "no format" means that webpage is without styling, CSS formatting and probably without JS scripting or images. This is because they are hosted on different domains than main webpage. For example CSS styles (responsible for webpage formatting) of ebay.com site are located on "ebaystatic.com" domain. This meas that you have to enable ebaystatic.com static as well in order to get ebay.com portal to have formatted.

In general this is known concept used by many bigger companies to have static content (CSS, images, JS) separated/hosted on dedicated domains/hosts and whitelisting main web domain name is just not enough to have it really enabled.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Juan,

I'm not sure what you mean by "no format". Can you post a screenshot?

- Marty

I hope that "no format" means that webpage is without styling, CSS formatting and probably without JS scripting or images. This is because they are hosted on different domains than main webpage. For example CSS styles (responsible for webpage formatting) of ebay.com site are located on "ebaystatic.com" domain. This meas that you have to enable ebaystatic.com static as well in order to get ebay.com portal to have formatted.

In general this is known concept used by many bigger companies to have static content (CSS, images, JS) separated/hosted on dedicated domains/hosts and whitelisting main web domain name is just not enough to have it really enabled.

Yes sir!

No styling is what I meant.

This helps a lot. Thanks for the answer!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: