Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 router hangs repetitively

mickiemice
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this RV320 configure with VPN access and it keeps hangs in 1 day or 2 days of operation. All LEDs seems on and with WAN but it just don't route anymore. Need to power off and on again for it to last another 1 - 2 days.

Any one has this encounter before?

Best regards

Ricky

3 Replies 3

rob_turnbull1
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar problem when I upgraded the RV320 firmware to V1.2.1.13 causing the router to "hang" about once an hour.  I contacted Cisco Support and the support engineer recommend that I reset the router to its default configuration and manually reconfigure it.  After resetting the RV320 and manually reconfiguring the router it has been much more stable.

I did the same thing as you as per cisco support's advice. It still hangs but now is after 2 days+ of usage. I am still trying to isolate the problem and connecting it with bare minimum connections. I even off the incoming internet fibre line and rebooted the whole system.

Let's see how it goes over the weekend.

paytonGVR
Level 1
Level 1

We also had this problem and I found this thread

http://www.mcbsys.com/blog/2014/10/monitor-a-cisco-rv320-using-snmp/comment-page-1/#comment-41629

After we disabled SNMP the problem went away.

YMMV

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: